August 16, 2018, 01:49:30 AM

Author Topic: Marcel Brands to Join Everton  (Read 40239 times)

April 10, 2018, 03:38:48 AM
Reply #135

American Evertonian

The Echo would love us to be stuck with the Allardyce/Walsh dreamteam, so I bet they collectively creamed themselves when they picked up this little quote. 

Why do you say that?
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

April 10, 2018, 03:53:32 AM
Reply #136

sam of the south

Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

April 10, 2018, 03:54:57 AM
Reply #137

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Does not sound promising at all that, think we got our billionaire 5 years too late.

Or, with their league not won yet maybe he is showing a bit of class and concentrating on that?
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

April 10, 2018, 04:45:45 AM
Reply #138

Macca77

Why do you say that?

The clue is in the name, Liverpool echo, they don't give a shiny shite about us

April 10, 2018, 06:05:49 AM
Reply #139

dunkster

Maybe if we get a decent manager who comes in and somehow gets the best from klaasen, Walcott and co..  stabilised Keane at the back etc. May realise Walsh buys weren't actually that bad.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 06:12:32 AM by dunkster »
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

April 10, 2018, 06:16:25 AM
Reply #140

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Need :

LB
CB
CMx2
LW
CF

And that’s mostly replacing old or outgoing players.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

April 10, 2018, 06:19:48 AM
Reply #141

dunkster

Yep.. big summer needed
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

"what is it about good sex that's makes me have to crap?.............you sure rattled something loose tiger" - KINGPIN
"that's a lovely accent you have there..New Jersey?" "no Austria" "Austria!!!..Well gud-day mate..lets put another shrimp on the barbey. DUMB AND DUMBER

April 10, 2018, 07:25:28 AM
Reply #142

Thornton_19

Need :

LB
CB
CMx2
LW
CF

And that's mostly replacing old or outgoing players.
I feel its paramount that we ship out a lot of players.

We desperately need a fresh slate between the squad and the fans.
We cant have too many of the culprits from this year hanging about for another year.

April 10, 2018, 08:36:02 AM
Reply #143

School of Science

Or, with their league not won yet maybe he is showing a bit of class and concentrating on that?

Maybe, we shall see, I have my doubts though with Everton there is no point in being too optimistic.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

April 10, 2018, 02:57:17 PM
Reply #144

dunkster

Maybe he didn't need to reply to any of it at all just yet?
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

April 10, 2018, 02:59:48 PM
Reply #145

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Maybe he didn't need to reply to any of it at all just yet?

If he's asked a question the polite thing to do is reply.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

April 10, 2018, 03:03:45 PM
Reply #146

dunkster

He was probably interested in the job so made sure he watched our last couple of performances and realised just HOW MANY rabbits he was gonna need to pull out of his hat to turn things around.
No wonder he's having serious doubts
[]mcjVWM5etFw[/yt]

April 10, 2018, 03:07:34 PM
Reply #147

Toffee1

He was probably interested in the job so made sure he watched our last couple of performances and realised just HOW MANY rabbits he was gonna need to pull out of his hat to turn things around.
No wonder he's having serious doubts

Hopefully, he will see it as a challenge and from the excellent article that @Brownie20 posted a couple of days ago, it is reminiscent of what he was faced with at PSV.

I think his diplomatic approach when asked the question could also be that he is seeking assurances that it will be his show to run and Steptoe (Allardyce) and Son (Walsh) won't be anywhere in the picture. 

April 10, 2018, 03:09:21 PM
Reply #148

Waltzer

Need :

LB
CB
CMx2
LW
CF

And thatís mostly replacing old or outgoing players.

Think the difficulty will be getting rid, I expect we'll need to offload a fair few to do the level of overhaul thats required and they will be on big wages so its finding someone stupid enough to pay what they're on. With the exception of Pickford, Coleman, Walcott, Sigurdsson, Lookman, Vlasic and Tosun I wouldnt be too worried to see any of the rest leave

April 10, 2018, 03:10:33 PM
Reply #149

Ramjam

The longer he keeps us dangling the bigger package heíd demand, no doubt heís noticed the way we conducted our business with Siggy, Koeman and Martinez
WE ARE THE PEOPLE