October 16, 2018, 12:36:04 PM

Author Topic: 8th position.  (Read 5397 times)

April 29, 2018, 01:03:32 AM
Reply #15

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Need to use it as a positive.

To show that despite a disaster the lowest we drop is to 8th; therefore if we were to have a good season we can push on etc.

April 29, 2018, 01:03:37 AM
Reply #16

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
yeah minus 1  ,  but 7-0 to arsenal contributed to that reallly

Well, it all contributes.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

April 29, 2018, 01:04:54 AM
Reply #17

KoemansNumberTens

You couldn’t make a side out of the bottom 14 squads that could make the top 5. The league is full of dross

April 29, 2018, 01:06:53 AM
Reply #18

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Goes to show the squad of players really aren't as bad as made out.

We've got 8th place whilst playing very, very, poorly.

This is why we should be looking towards a manager who'll be proactive, as we have a good base level go work off.

April 29, 2018, 01:10:08 AM
Reply #19

Gash

Global Moderator
I think we've been lucky to leap frog Leicester.

Careful, anymore of that and there will be an hilarious "match winners" dig coming shortly. ;)

April 29, 2018, 01:11:25 AM
Reply #20

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

This is why we should be looking towards a manager who'll be proactive, as we have a good base level go work off.
Now now mate, reel that positivity in

Totally agree tho
Simply simply lovely

April 29, 2018, 01:19:11 AM
Reply #21

Macca77

Now now mate, reel that positivity in

Totally agree tho

Beat me to it

April 29, 2018, 01:20:17 AM
Reply #22

Mayor Farnum

Our problem lies in how we attract enough quality players to fill our squad. There is no middle ground between the rest and the top six. We are never going to persuade players to choose us over the likes of Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea; let alone the genuine big boys.
The gap between the Europa League and the Champions League is massive; so the EL(even if we can offer it) is hardly a selling point to attract players that can help us push the top six.
We have to operate in the most risky and uneconomical section of the transfer market. Spending big on potential without any guarantees or over-spending on fading talent.

April 29, 2018, 01:31:07 AM
Reply #23

Ross

I think we've been lucky to leap frog Leicester.

Leicester you say?

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

April 29, 2018, 01:50:51 AM
Reply #24

KoemansNumberTens

Leicester you say?

Got a couple of match winners in my opinion

April 29, 2018, 01:51:10 AM
Reply #25

bogie

the squad is crap to many of the same type of players and no real cover for the back line

this is why we need a manager that has been here to see it and will sort it out

not a new manager coming in and needing time to look at the squad

April 29, 2018, 02:17:00 AM
Reply #26

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
the squad is crap to many of the same type of players and no real cover for the back line

this is why we need a manager that has been here to see it and will sort it out

not a new manager coming in and needing time to look at the squad

I don't think it would take particularly long, particularly in the context of a pre-season.

The gaps in our squad are pretty obvious.

Plus I don't think we should be looking to bring more than 3, max 4, first team players in this summer.

To try and overhaul the team again would be to make the exact same mistake that we did last summer. You can't chuck a bunch of new players in and expect them to gel immediately. It takes time. Frankly I consider the squad overhaul to be by far the main reason for our poor season, not Koeman's incompetence, or three number tens, Sam Allardyce, or whatever else people blame.

April 29, 2018, 02:39:21 AM
Reply #27

bogie

I don't think it would take particularly long, particularly in the context of a pre-season.

The gaps in our squad are pretty obvious.

Plus I don't think we should be looking to bring more than 3, max 4, first team players in this summer.

To try and overhaul the team again would be to make the exact same mistake that we did last summer. You can't chuck a bunch of new players in and expect them to gel immediately. It takes time. Frankly I consider the squad overhaul to be by far the main reason for our poor season, not Koeman's incompetence, or three number tens, Sam Allardyce, or whatever else people blame.

this will be one of the shortest preseasons and windows and with a lots of players away

timing is not right to be looking for a new manager , its not just the players in its the ones going out as well

April 29, 2018, 02:46:04 AM
Reply #28

velimski

8th itself isn't too bad.

But we're still a long way off 6th and the worst Arsenal side in a generation.

April 29, 2018, 02:59:00 AM
Reply #29

Lxxx

Need to use it as a positive.

To show that despite a disaster the lowest we drop is to 8th; therefore if we were to have a good season we can push on etc.

True. With a good summer 7th is well within our reach.