October 20, 2018, 12:20:11 AM

Author Topic: Laugh along with those loveable Reds...  (Read 190070 times)

January 18, 2018, 02:35:34 PM
Reply #1770

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
No mate, I'm not trivialising in the slightest. I'm suggesting that if a girl that has been kicked about in public is refusing to associate blame to her partner, the chances are there is far more to the issue. Christ, if he can do that to her out in public what the fuck might go on behind closed doors?! I'm doing the exact opposite of trivialising the issue. I'm pointing out that this issue probably goes far deeper than you're insinuating. Christ you basically called her a gold digger in your earlier post.

You make a good point there, didnít come across like that in your first response/reference to my initial post.

January 18, 2018, 02:41:07 PM
Reply #1771

Glory

There are so many factors that none of us would have any clue about that would influence her decision to leave him.

I am a 27 year old white male. Honestly what the fuck would I know about being in such a situation?

January 18, 2018, 06:47:34 PM
Reply #1772

Mayor Farnum

Drunken Irishman in domestic abuse shocker!

January 18, 2018, 08:08:56 PM
Reply #1773

Major Clanger

Agree 100% but it didnít end his career this time but he knows 100% that if he ever touched her again it would be over and he would go to jail.

He'll just make sure there are no witnesses next time around.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

January 18, 2018, 08:10:21 PM
Reply #1774

Major Clanger

Drunken Irishman in domestic abuse shocker!

I don't think nationality has anything to do with it. I've yet to come across a nation where drunken domestic abuse is NOT a thing.

January 18, 2018, 11:55:33 PM
Reply #1775

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Some of the apologist-like behaviour here is fucking disgusting.

I don't thinks its apologist behaviour. It's just not quite grasping why she doesn't leave the abuser.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

January 18, 2018, 11:58:32 PM
Reply #1776

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Jamo, I do get it and I see lots of this. This point in time in her life and relationship with him would be the easiest time to walk away. Not easy but the easiest. This is her chance and she is being badly advised.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

January 19, 2018, 12:13:41 AM
Reply #1777

Major Clanger

I don't thinks its apologist behaviour. It's just not quite grasping why she doesn't leave the abuser.

These situations can be really complicated though. We don't know anywhere near enough of the facts about their history, her emotional state, support network and so on, to pass any kind of judgment. And even if we did, what good would that do?

I agree with you that the fact he's a high-profile individual and that the whole thing is out in the public domain now is supposed to make it slightly easier. But as you also said it doesn't mean it is easy, just not as hard as it used to be.

It's an awful story all round.

January 19, 2018, 12:34:48 AM
Reply #1778

Mayor Farnum

I don't think nationality has anything to do with it. I've yet to come across a nation where drunken domestic abuse is NOT a thing.

I doubt that anybody is shocked hearing this particular story coming from that particular community.

January 19, 2018, 12:38:37 AM
Reply #1779

Major Clanger

I doubt that anybody is shocked hearing this particular story coming from that particular community.

Would you be shocked if you learned he was English? Or Scottish? Or Hungarian? Or Jamaican? Or American? Or Indian?

No, you wouldn't. At least I wouldn't.

Can you name a single nationality or culture where this wouldn't be typical? (Apart from where alcohol is completely illegal. But wife-beating is rife even in those places too.)

January 19, 2018, 12:52:51 AM
Reply #1780

Mayor Farnum

No I wouldn't be shocked at all I am aware it involves every community. I'm just less shocked by these particular set of circumstances.

January 19, 2018, 12:54:24 AM
Reply #1781

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Would you be shocked if you learned he was English? Or Scottish? Or Hungarian? Or Jamaican? Or American? Or Indian?

No, you wouldn't. At least I wouldn't.

Can you name a single nationality or culture where this wouldn't be typical? (Apart from where alcohol is completely illegal. But wife-beating is rife even in those places too.)

Seems the British are far more violent towards women than the Irish !

https://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2014/mar/05/violence-against-women-european-union-physical-sexual-abuse

January 19, 2018, 01:12:35 AM
Reply #1782

Major Clanger

Seems the British are far more violent towards women than the Irish !

https://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2014/mar/05/violence-against-women-european-union-physical-sexual-abuse

I wouldn't put much trust in that chart. Since we're talking about a thing that can go unreported in well over half the cases, the differences measured may be purely down to differences in reporting rates.

January 19, 2018, 01:20:00 AM
Reply #1783

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
I wouldn't put much trust in that chart. Since we're talking about a thing that can go unreported in well over half the cases, the differences measured may be purely down to differences in reporting rates.

You obviously didnít read the preamble and went straight to the chart, itís based on 42,000 one to one interviews, not reported cases.

January 19, 2018, 01:34:42 AM
Reply #1784

Major Clanger

You obviously didnít read the preamble and went straight to the chart, itís based on 42,000 one to one interviews, not reported cases.

You're right, I didn't. :)