April 24, 2017, 02:45:37 AM

Author Topic: Match Ratings versus Hull  (Read 1197 times)

March 19, 2017, 03:24:21 AM
Reply #15

ally2

Can you imagine that happening just six month ago?

That used to really boil my piss watching him just stand there or casually trot back. It was bizarre.  As if Martinez was fine about it - " yeah don't worry about it Ross - James or Gareth will take care of things"!

March 19, 2017, 03:25:41 AM
Reply #16

ally2

Valencia is another player who this forum judges literally by the individual game. He's average. And maybe that's OK. I don't know.

March 19, 2017, 03:25:44 AM
Reply #17

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Apart from the first 5 or 10 minutes I would give Ross at least an 8.
The second half he was excellent
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

March 19, 2017, 03:31:30 AM
Reply #18

Major Clanger

That used to really boil my piss watching him just stand there or casually trot back. It was bizarre.  As if Martinez was fine about it - " yeah don't worry about it Ross - James or Gareth will take care of things"!

He clearly was fine about it. Maybe he was afraid that giving Ross a responsibility to win the ball would harm his creative output. Which is plain misguided.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

March 19, 2017, 03:36:22 AM
Reply #19

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Valencia is another player who this forum judges literally by the individual game. He's average. And maybe that's OK. I don't know.
He seems an effective sub to bring on when we're winning, but not someone who you bring on to change the game.  He's not the quality of player I want us to be looking at bringing in permanently.  Hopefully DCL can fulfil the Valencia role off the bench next season, and we'll have someone in the squad replacing him who can be a game changer.
Clear eyes.  Full hearts.  Can't lose.

March 19, 2017, 03:58:10 AM
Reply #20

MmmBlueToffee

There was one moment midway through the second half when Barkley burst into the area, but was muscled off the ball, ended up face down behind the byline. Two seconds later he was up and sprinting towards the defender who took the ball off him to make a tackle.

That was great to see. I wasn't sure it was him at first but a process of elimination:

Black - no (not gueye or Lukaku)
Floppy hair - no (not Davies)
Old - no (not G Baz)

Led me to Ross.

A corner has been turned in his development.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

March 19, 2017, 06:35:07 AM
Reply #21

Bluedylan

Been really impressed with Valencia the last couple of weeks. Important goals and an assist. works hard and shows some skill and vision. Maybe needs regular games not on the wing and suddenly looks much much better.

Might become a Walsh masterstroke this.

Nah, he's bang average. He's enthusiastic and energetic, but if we're aspiring to catch up with the richest clubs and to go to places like Anfield and Old Trafford and win, we need much better than Valencia, and I'm sure Steve Walsh is well aware of that.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive. Everybody's out on the run tonight but there's no place left to hide. Together, Wendy, we can live with the sadness, I'll love you with all the madness in my soul.

March 19, 2017, 12:19:05 PM
Reply #22

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Valencia has been a very useful loan signing. He should find a decent club on the back of it but I don't think that should be us if we are moving forward.

March 19, 2017, 07:10:32 PM
Reply #23

Meak

jeez, we won 4-0 and by the ratings, you'd think we tied.
Follow me on Twitter @BlakeEMeakin

March 19, 2017, 07:12:27 PM
Reply #24

Shogun

Administrator
Valencia has been a very useful loan signing. He should find a decent club on the back of it but I don't think that should be us if we are moving forward.

I would imagine that West Ham fans who were elated to sign Zaza and get rid of him would like to go back on that decision.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

March 19, 2017, 07:13:10 PM
Reply #25

ally2

jeez, we won 4-0 and by the ratings, you'd think we tied.

I'm fucking fuming mate

March 19, 2017, 07:28:35 PM
Reply #26

MartinezsLeftTeste

Valencia has a touch of the Naismiths about him. Good sub. Busy scores the odd goal. I'd keep him but certainly not at 14million.

Also Barkley, lukaku and mirallas now doing their defensive bit has made us a much more solid unit. Martinez just didn't give a shit about it. Only 1 who refused to adapt under koeman was deulofeu and that's why he's no longer here