November 22, 2017, 05:17:00 AM

Author Topic: Man City vs Everton  (Read 34984 times)

December 13, 2010, 04:42:50 AM
Reply #15

johnj

-------------------------------Howard

Neville----------Jagielka----------Distin----------Baines

Coleman-------Felllaini---------Osman----------Pienaar

-------------------------------Rodwell-----------------------------

--------------------------------Cahill--------------------------------

I'd seriously go like that, Moyes obviously doesn't see Yakubu and Beckford as starters, and starting Saha week in week out is just getting ridiculous now. We may aswell throw Cahill uptop and give Rodwell a free role, Osman's composure and creativity wouldn't be a bad thing in the middle, either.

Agree with this option, reckon would be a draw at least.

December 13, 2010, 04:49:11 AM
Reply #16

arteta4spain

Im gonna be controversial but id go with this

Howard
                                                  Neville Jags Distin Baines
                                         Coleman Rodwell  Arteta Pienaar
                                                              Fellaini
                                                              Cahill

I know fellis role is without a doubt a dm but in this current state moyes needs to change it up. hes done well there before and if we put him there now before cahill goes to the asia cup it might help him settle in there when he goes.   

December 13, 2010, 04:51:34 AM
Reply #17

cantoffee

Arteta is suspended.

December 13, 2010, 05:02:09 AM
Reply #18

arteta4spain

is it his last game suspended? oh ffs
 okay i will do with this. haha
                                                      Howard

Neville               Jags                          Distin       Baines

Coleman           Rodwell                      Osman             Pienaar
                                                  Fellaini

Cahill   

December 13, 2010, 05:08:21 AM
Reply #19

cantoffee

I'd prefer Fellaini deep because of his ability to dominate games. He's still inconsistent but what he did to Man City at home last year was magical and anything near that again will give us the three points.

I think we'll draw 1-1, poor first half but we'll managed to score. Strong second half but unable to find the winner. We rarely play well or shit for a full game.

December 13, 2010, 05:33:57 AM
Reply #20

the doc

f**k it i'm going for a 2-1 win to us! City havn't been great at home this season and lets face we are better away from home this season, Cahill and Fellaini for us, Silva for them

December 13, 2010, 05:43:36 AM
Reply #21

arteta4spain

Cantoffee I see where youre comin from. And appreciate the fact that yes, fellaini is better there but at the moment moyes needs to change it and i see this as a possible solution to make a difference. and if its not working maybe swop osman with felli? or take osman off and shove becks on. saha should get nowhere near the bench nevermind the pitch!

December 13, 2010, 07:34:25 AM
Reply #22

bloody scally

City 4-1 Everton. Yaya Toure to score against our pathetic defence. Cahill to claw one back for the rest of the team to remain gutless.

December 13, 2010, 10:20:36 AM
Reply #23

marky v

Narrow defeat or draw at the best i'm thinking with this one, only advantage we have is they have a european match this week away at juve and maybe a bit distracted, anychance moyes can take our lot the lake district again it seems our lads are only interested after these bonding sessions,

i think the next home game we'll see a new everton, Arteta has been poor but after a couple of weeks off he'll come back and freshen us up maybe we 'll even see that 442 thingy i've heard so much about from my grandad

December 13, 2010, 03:49:26 PM
Reply #24

Deano Blue Boy

2-0 again.  We can dream.

December 13, 2010, 04:18:21 PM
Reply #25

blob

city in turmoil = good chance for us

0-2

December 13, 2010, 05:09:18 PM
Reply #26

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
city in turmoil = good chance for us

0-2

Aye, it is a good job we have no problems behind the scenes ;)  I see your point though mate.

December 13, 2010, 07:24:52 PM
Reply #27

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
For some unkown reason i fancy us to sneak a win

Simply simply lovely

December 14, 2010, 07:54:38 AM
Reply #28

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
i just can't see a result. But, stranger things have happened.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 14, 2010, 09:58:13 AM
Reply #29

montanatoffeefan

Rodwell cannot play every position on the pitch. Everytime there is a spot we're having trouble filling Rodwell seems to get stuck in. I have to wonder sometimes what are people seeing in him that I am not? He is a prospect and plays like one at the moment. He's done ok in midfield but hardly setting us alight with creative passing (something we need from whoever fills that position IMO). It's only that Arteta has set the bar so low of late that it's not as noticeable.

I'd still be playing Yak with Cahill, but if we're looking to play Cahill as the loan striker it really might be worth trying Billy in his natural position.

This, with all due respect to those who disagree.

I just don't see the wisdom of taking our most potent goalscorer Cahill out of what is by far his best position to see what Rodwell can do there instead. Particularly against a very good team like Citeh.

Play Ossie in the middle with Fell, Rodwell to the bench, Cahill behind the lone striker. And please make that lone striker Yakubu.

FFS, Davey, Saha(ra) is in the midst of an epic drought. And if you're going to sell Yak in January, up his fee by putting him out there to score a goal. Or at least help create them. He's damn good at that, you know. And at present, Jester Louis is good for nothing except a night off for opposing CBs.
Everton forever.