December 12, 2017, 08:25:52 PM

Author Topic: Rooney Mania  (Read 3447 times)

August 13, 2017, 11:40:54 PM
Reply #45

Deano Blue Boy

I really really hope the manks don't join in when we chant his name.

deCoubertin

August 14, 2017, 01:03:29 AM
Reply #46

bacon sarnie

I really really hope the manks don't join in when we chant his name.

If they do - get an 'Oo Ah Cantonahhh!' chant going followed by a 'Gordon Hill-  superstar - walks like a woman & he wears a bra....'

Confuse the fuck out of them the three star jumper brown air-wear wearing gonks.

August 15, 2017, 04:58:44 AM
Reply #47

Everton Mint

this needs binning at the match

Kevin Mirallas is taking a free kick, so lads near me in the Street End try and get a "Rooney, Rooney" chant going

Davy Klaasen gets fouled so lads by me start shouting "Rooney, Rooney"

heard it from other parts of the Street End as well

pack it in you biffs

oh, and when Scousers chant "Rooney" the "ey" is actually pronounced as an "ee" and not "eh" like the Mancs used to, so if he does anything worthy of a chant then at least do it properly and not like a wool FFS

The negativity that some people want to see in anything at Everton never ceases to amaze me.

Rooney is a massive worldwide footballing star and a true Evertonian, yet fans cant even get excited and chant his name on his return ???

He is a hero and not just Blues but football fans around the world... for example he has 15 times more twitter followers than our whole football club.

We have him back and our fans deserve to have a hero again. Let them enjoy him and show he is welcome.

Remember he could've gone and made much more money elsewhere but wanted to play for the club he loves.

August 16, 2017, 01:57:47 PM
Reply #48

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
It would be interesting to see the clubs growth in social followers since he landed.

August 16, 2017, 02:27:15 PM
Reply #49

Macca77

It would be interesting to see the clubs growth in social followers since he landed.

And shirt sales, everyone seems to have Rooney on the back of theirs, well all the kids anyway

My lads have stayed strong, they have resisted temptation, they got Coleman, Gana and Bolasie on theirs

August 16, 2017, 02:32:21 PM
Reply #50

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
And shirt sales, everyone seems to have Rooney on the back of theirs, well all the kids anyway

My lads have stayed strong, they have resisted temptation, they got Coleman, Gana and Bolasie on theirs
They must have big backs

Simply simply lovely

August 16, 2017, 02:32:35 PM
Reply #51

dangermouse

neither he nor Sandro knew where they were meant to be playing in the first half, so it all looked very poor.  plus there was a big gap between midfield and attack where Rooney should have been played - or Barkley if Rooney is the main striker.

second half DCL was played in his correct position and it all looked a lot better with a flat(ter) back four which made Rooney's contribution much more natural to him and therefore better

I do wonder how many times we will see this as that gap between the forwards and our midfield is blatantly obvious. I don't think its working having two defensive midfielders. It has looked better when Rooney has dropped deeper.
Everton Programmes Books & DVD's

http://www.facebook.com/evertonprogrammes

August 16, 2017, 02:34:52 PM
Reply #52

dangermouse

Hope you didn't get screwed while remortgaging your home :)
Everton Programmes Books & DVD's

http://www.facebook.com/evertonprogrammes

August 16, 2017, 11:09:48 PM
Reply #53

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Tell you one thing, don't think I've ever seen Koeman so ebullient over a player before. Practically gushing over him saying he was different class, a step ahead of the game and his team mates, knows exactly what to do at any time etc.

I think we know who teachers pet is going to be this year!
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

August 17, 2017, 01:03:18 AM
Reply #54

Polledreng

NSNO Subscriber

Lot of old Fellows as well  Was suprised how many 10 Rooney shirts I saw before and after the game against Stoke

August 17, 2017, 01:12:54 AM
Reply #55

bacon sarnie

Tell you one thing, don't think I've ever seen Koeman so ebullient over a player before. Practically gushing over him saying he was different class, a step ahead of the game and his team mates, knows exactly what to do at any time etc.

I think we know who teachers pet is going to be this year!

Yeah, deffo, but to think it could have been Barkley slipping him the apple.

August 17, 2017, 09:45:32 PM
Reply #56

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
My memory is shot. Apparently today is 15 years since Rooney made his debut. I thought his debut was v Arsenal when he scored the winner that ended their run. I was in Australia at the time with dial up internet, so please forgive me on this :)
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin

August 17, 2017, 09:51:48 PM
Reply #57

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
My memory is shot. Apparently today is 15 years since Rooney made his debut. I thought his debut was v Arsenal when he scored the winner that ended their run. I was in Australia at the time with dial up internet, so please forgive me on this :)

No, draw against Spurs first game of the season. Then he scored two against Wrexham in the Carling Cup in the early round
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

August 17, 2017, 09:54:04 PM
Reply #58

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
No, draw against Spurs first game of the season. Then he scored two against Wrexham in the Carling Cup in the early round

Funny how time blurs things. For years I had in my mind the Roy of the Rovers making his debut and scoring an incredible goal to beat the unbeatable.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." Anais Nin