November 18, 2017, 10:04:56 PM

Author Topic: Liverpool v Everton  (Read 63538 times)

January 17, 2011, 03:47:24 AM
Reply #630

}-m-a-c-c-a-{

Happy with how we came back from a goal down at their place and watching Anichebe up front gave me confidence that he can fill Yakubu's place up top but not convinced that he is in any way, shape or form a wide man, was hoping Bily would start on the left but I'd probably be writing how much Moyes should have started Osman there instead.

Fellaini was his usual self but didn't boss the game like he has done this season, was generally happy with the back 4 not much really worried me other than Torres' move when he out manoeuvred Distin then went on to hit the post.

Was gutted that Coleman didn't get to do his 'let's go fuckin mental at the full back' routine and turn Johnson inside out, and I'm made up with Beckford getting a goal because with no Yak and Saha injured he had to step up to the plate and he delivered, also glad to see Vaughan get some game time now I'd be happy to see more of him.

I'd like to think we could have got a win but a draw was maybe fair result.

Like Meatloaf said "4 outta 6 aint bad"
“There is something magical about this club that captures you the minute you step into Goodison – and it doesn’t let you go.”

January 17, 2011, 03:57:07 AM
Reply #631

AidyEFC9

er... we got battered in the entire first half. We then played well for 10-15 mins... then sat back and got battered again! By the worst Liverpool side i can ever remember.

Some of you have woeful standards

I do have to agree with you mate, when not in possesion of the ball for the whole first half and parts of the second, we was shocking, we stood off instead of closing down and we didn't get stuck in to em and in the second half we had that spell when we got the 2 goals but then when we did take the lead we took are foot off the gas, started being slow in possesion and taking our time when we had throwings and dead balls and things instead of keeping up the tempo and looking for that third and in the end let them get back in the game and get a goal to get themselves a point.

Our first half showing really disappointed me, i wanted us to come out quick as a flash and chase and hassle them and put them under pressure from the off like we did at Goodison and really get into em with them being low on confidence but we stood off and let em grow into game.

In the first half, and parts of the second, especially when not in possesion of the ball, you'd of thought we wasn't playing in a derby!. It annoys me that we can be different with every game we play, some games we press, but alot of the time we keep our shape and sit, for me we should get our shape, have are two banks of four or a four and a five and then press up near the half way line but we just sit off and allow teams to work there way through us.

January 17, 2011, 04:24:51 AM
Reply #632

cantoffee

I don't see how it was such a bad result.

Going into the game they had 6 wins, 2 draws, and 2 losses at home, we had 2 wins, 6 draws, and 3 losses on the road.

All things considered it was a decent point, frustrating, but still decent against a side who must have been on a high with the return of Dalglish.

I'm upset we didn't win, and the first half performance was woeful, but we turned it around well and I don't see it as points dropped or points gained. Positives and negatives to take, although ultimately a frustrating result after a game of highs and lows.

January 17, 2011, 04:26:41 AM
Reply #633

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
No you don't, you get it in any time you can.

What's wrong about that?
Chelsea are better than those teams.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

January 17, 2011, 04:30:08 AM
Reply #634

Gash

Global Moderator
What's wrong about that?
Chelsea are better than those teams.

Oh, sorry, I thought you only refered to them as United reserves when making a point about Moyes.

It wasn't the Chelsea part of the comment I was refering to.

January 17, 2011, 04:32:49 AM
Reply #635

Verm

NSNO Subscriber
Oh, sorry, I thought you only refered to them as United reserves when making a point about Moyes.

It wasn't the Chelsea part of the comment I was refering to.

But they were?

Pretty much just stating the obvious.

As great as it was the fact is we beat a much weakened United team on penalties.
"..whenever i see an everton shirt i think there goes an everton fan. whenever i see a liverpool shirt i think there's someone wearing a liverpool shirt.."

January 17, 2011, 04:37:15 AM
Reply #636

}-m-a-c-c-a-{

Performance wise it was a fair result even though I think if the was gonna be a winner it'd be us but on paper our squad pisses all over theirs.
“There is something magical about this club that captures you the minute you step into Goodison – and it doesn’t let you go.”

January 17, 2011, 04:37:46 AM
Reply #637

Gash

Global Moderator
But they were?

As great as it was the fact is we beat a much weakened United team on penalties.

Go round in circles a bit aren't we? But you've managed to get another reference in about it.

I just think you always try to turn any positive into a negative.

January 17, 2011, 05:54:59 AM
Reply #638

bluestevie

first half - okish, we got forward without any real conviction but at the back we were lucky to only concede 1, torres just had to pick his game up against us didnt he?

second half - much better, belter start scoring the two quick goals from distin and beckford, we had them rocking but couldnt push on for the third, the penalty was soft but as a keeper you cant make a challenge like that without conceding, the subs were well timed but the game petered out after the kuyt pen. 2-2 fair result imo

everton motm - fellaini, brilliant throughout the 90

liverpool motm - merieles, good strike and seemed to get forward a lot which we struggled with, was relieved to see him taken off

not gonna say anything about certain individuals negativity during the thread as its been said before me
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

January 17, 2011, 06:10:37 AM
Reply #639

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
But they were?

What are you on about? You go the longest most boring routs on turning something that's pretty good into something that's shit. Look at the lighter side of life once in a while, we got a point at the ground of an average side that where we normally get beat. It's like a local Craven Cottage. They would of been bouncing now that old bloke is back in the kamikaze seat. All things considered, its a point more than we normally come away with, we've scored another couple of goals which are desperately needed and Fellaini looks like he can now start to dominate almost every game he plays in now, so it was a pretty decent day at the office.

January 17, 2011, 06:13:37 AM
Reply #640

nomorechang

RIP
I'm trying to get my head around why I'm disappointed with a draw against RS despite them being at home with all the media hype egging themon all week with the ' Dalglish  factor ' and us missing Pienaar , Jags , Louis and Tim Cahill .... After the Goodison derby I wasn't as hyped up as much as I normally am when we beat them .. and it struck me .. I just don't consider them as a yardstick any more , they are not something to aim at or aspire to and overtake . They are a very average team with a couple of decent players . If they finish ahead of us this season I will willingly stand in the centre circle at Goodison at half time of the last game of the season v Chelsea on 22nd May , which coincidentaly is my birthday and show the world my very ample fat arse  lolol :thumbsup:
Once Everton has touched you nothing will be the same"
Alan Ball

" Notoriously shy and laconic off the field, Dean's quotes are sparse. He is reputed to have said to an over-enthusiastic marker 'I'm going for a pee. You coming?' "