May 21, 2018, 12:34:49 AM

Author Topic: Sandro Ramirez Signs - Confirmed by club  (Read 16845 times)

July 25, 2017, 03:10:30 PM
Reply #165

sam of the south

Looks shit in training eh  :whistle:

https://www.thickaccent.com/2017/07/24/training-footage-shows-everton-new-boy-sandro-ramirez-knows-how-to-finish-and-then-some/

Boards don't hit back 😉

Only joking, he looks superb 👍🏼
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

July 25, 2017, 03:44:51 PM
Reply #166

BlueBeagle

How so mate?

There are so many variables in each situation with absolutely nothing to measure against.

July 25, 2017, 04:07:09 PM
Reply #167

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
There are so many variables in each situation with absolutely nothing to measure against.

i hope somebody has told our new data analyst about this
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

July 25, 2017, 06:17:22 PM
Reply #168

cantoffee

In a singular usage like that it's maybe not that great as he'll be playing in a different team.

But you could use it for assessing your attack over a whole season or your defence.

Eg if you average 50 goals a season then one season score 70 but 15, say, are from ridiculous angles and distances then it's unlikely that your increase will be repeated again the next season.
Any chance you are referencing our first season under Martinez?

July 25, 2017, 06:25:09 PM
Reply #169

Toddacelli

Boards don't hit back 😉

Only joking, he looks superb 👍🏼

Gutted I can't give you more likes for this! But I won't focus on the smaller picture....

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

July 25, 2017, 06:28:32 PM
Reply #170

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Any chance you are referencing our first season under Martinez?

At both ends...

But yes, that is a good example. We scored quite a lot of long rangers that haven't been seen since. 

Also we had quite a few games where Howard made good (not spectacular so not memorable) stops from good (for the opposition) positions.

July 25, 2017, 07:46:52 PM
Reply #171

rochdaleblue

Sandro Ramirez had unbelievable huge overperforming in last season. He scored 14 with just 7
expected goals,  also 0.27 xG per 90 minutes is a very small numbers for CF. Weak player.
I'd much rather have an 'over performing' goalscorer in our team, than an 'under performing' one. Kone, Beattie, Jo, etc. etc.

July 25, 2017, 08:14:02 PM
Reply #172

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Sandro Ramirez had unbelievable huge overperforming in last season. He scored 14 with just 7 expected goals,  also 0.27 xG per 90 minutes is a very small numbers for CF. Weak player.

Well you have a terrible expected posts number compared to actual posts.

Weak poster.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

July 25, 2017, 08:17:04 PM
Reply #173

gizzblue

Haha some people's glass  is emptier than a gobshite kopites ..... weak c.f. 😅😅😅 tell us again at Christmas he's weak. ...but I rekon you will be hiding .

July 25, 2017, 08:29:16 PM
Reply #174

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
'Expected goals'

What an absolutely fucking useless stat that is.

Notice how this stat only came about after Tony Hibbert had retired.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

July 25, 2017, 10:47:17 PM
Reply #175

Outworlder47

Agree with this.

Would love someone to tell me how the measurable metric for 'expected' is worked out.

Sounds bizarrely nonsensical.

Several different methods that all get to the same general outcome. I like this explanation: http://11tegen11.net/2014/08/07/expected-goals-2-0-some-light-in-the-black-box/

Basically, the xG model looks at match situation (open play, set piece, PK, etc), league level, scoreline, shot location/angle to goal, header vs typical shot, distance, and type of buildup (cross, through ball, counter attack, etc), and weights each of these based on how much they contribute to a goal, and how often.
<Nerd alert> For the good xG models, this is fed into a multivariate analysis based on a large set of previous goal attempts that generates a sort of equation that you can feed all the relevant info into for a particular attempt/game/season/whatever to determine the expectation vs actual outcome </Nerd alert>

Essentially, it weighs all the things that we might expect to contribute to a goal, based on how much they tend to impact actual goals being scored. For Sandro, we've seen from shot charts that last season he scored a lot of goals from tight angles--these shots by nature will have low expectations for conversion. Now, it could be luck or it could be genuine skill, so how he performs this season will go far to answering that question.

July 26, 2017, 01:37:00 AM
Reply #176

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Do we have an expected to fall over in the penalty box stat?
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

July 26, 2017, 01:38:47 AM
Reply #177

Cereal Killer

Do we have an expected to fall over in the penalty box stat?

Ashley Young broke all records so that statistic was condemned for all eternity
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 01:42:05 AM by Cereal Killer »

July 26, 2017, 01:48:00 AM
Reply #178

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Ashley Young broke all records so that statistic was condemned for all eternity
I was thinking more along the lines of Andy Johnson.
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

July 26, 2017, 03:12:05 AM
Reply #179

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Several different methods that all get to the same general outcome. I like this explanation: http://11tegen11.net/2014/08/07/expected-goals-2-0-some-light-in-the-black-box/

Basically, the xG model looks at match situation (open play, set piece, PK, etc), league level, scoreline, shot location/angle to goal, header vs typical shot, distance, and type of buildup (cross, through ball, counter attack, etc), and weights each of these based on how much they contribute to a goal, and how often.
<Nerd alert> For the good xG models, this is fed into a multivariate analysis based on a large set of previous goal attempts that generates a sort of equation that you can feed all the relevant info into for a particular attempt/game/season/whatever to determine the expectation vs actual outcome </Nerd alert>

Essentially, it weighs all the things that we might expect to contribute to a goal, based on how much they tend to impact actual goals being scored. For Sandro, we've seen from shot charts that last season he scored a lot of goals from tight angles--these shots by nature will have low expectations for conversion. Now, it could be luck or it could be genuine skill, so how he performs this season will go far to answering that question.

It's worth pointing out that the elite players regularly overperform. They get tons of chances and they finish them. Not saying he's going to be elite but he's clearly got a bit of the spectacular in the old locker.

Also as I say his team generally didn't create nice chances for him, so his xg was naturally a bit low.

The chances he did get seem to have been 25-30 yard bangers rather than edge of the 6 yard box side footers.

I was concerned when I saw his highlight reel, because generally you don't score 8 25 yard bangers a year every year, but I'm still backing him. Think he's going to be a real baller.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.