Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 144617 times)

November 01, 2017, 07:23:03 PM
Reply #840

GrantyBoy78

if we are knocked back by the 'kin Wolves manager, in the championship, then I really will lose all hope and we really will have to wonder, in the greater scheme of things.....who and what are we???  :(
They are top and cruising TBF. Coming to us would be a lot of aggravation and a massive mess to sort out. Maybe doesn't want the hassle?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 07:32:41 PM by GrantyBoy78 »

November 01, 2017, 07:24:26 PM
Reply #841

Hawkandro

if we are knocked back by the 'kin Wolves manager, in the championship, then I really will lose all hope and we really will have to wonder, in the greater scheme of things.....who and what are we???  :(

It's not as straight forward as that though; he knows he has it good at Wolves - the fans backing, the boards backing, money, close friendship with members of the board. They could easily come up and stay up.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

November 01, 2017, 07:33:46 PM
Reply #842

GrantyBoy78

It's not as straight forward as that though; he knows he has it good at Wolves - the fans backing, the boards backing, money, close friendship with members of the board. They could easily come up and stay up.
Exactly. Or come here, not turn it around and get sacked. Reputation taking a hit in the process.

November 01, 2017, 07:33:59 PM
Reply #843

hill135

He plays 3-4-3 so as a shameless football hipster Iím in.

November 01, 2017, 07:40:20 PM
Reply #844

kramer0

I'm sure if we hire enough failed Valencia managers, we'll finally find the right one.

Does anyone think we've really done our due diligence on this guy? This even more "pull a random name out of the hat" than Dyche or Allardyce.

November 01, 2017, 07:43:59 PM
Reply #845

Bluedylan

I'm sure if we hire enough failed Valencia managers, we'll finally find the right one.

Does anyone think we've really done our due diligence on this guy? This even more "pull a random name out of the hat" than Dyche or Allardyce.

We don't know that, either way, so that's pure speculation. They might've done loads of background on him. I think it at least shows a tiny bit more inagination than say, Dyche.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 01, 2017, 07:51:24 PM
Reply #846

Bluedylan

I presume this would mean getting into bed with Jorge Mendes then?
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 01, 2017, 07:53:30 PM
Reply #847

ally2

He plays 3-4-3 so as a shameless football hipster I'm in.

Hmmm. Agreed but 3-4-3 with dad's army at the back?

November 01, 2017, 08:01:26 PM
Reply #848

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Hmmm. Agreed but 3-4-3 with dad's army at the back?

Their age isnít the problem (see Juve). They just donít suit 3 at the back stylistically.

November 01, 2017, 08:14:19 PM
Reply #849

GrantyBoy78

So weíre going with flavour of the month then? Joy.

November 01, 2017, 08:14:51 PM
Reply #850

Tofifee

looking at the list...........i am starting to think I want Rafa................

Oh christ i feel dirty................

November 01, 2017, 08:56:06 PM
Reply #851

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
I presume this would mean getting into bed with Jorge Mendes then?

Would you have an issue with that?

I'm kinda uneasy about it, but he opens up a lot of different avenues for us regarding players.

November 01, 2017, 08:57:25 PM
Reply #852

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
The fella has a good enough record for me.

He may have the best team in the league but it's not easy to find consistency in the championship, especially when you come from abroad.

November 01, 2017, 09:18:37 PM
Reply #853

sirblue57

Yes - but it's all gone so weird in here I can no longer tell which is which!

that gif just made me burst out laughing, now the wife's giving me odd looks..
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

November 01, 2017, 09:26:15 PM
Reply #854

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
This thread is already a rollercoaster, even in the last 3 pages.

Happy to see us linked with names other than Dyche and Allardyce, find out he has a boss middle name, then apparently he won't leave Wolves, but wait...he's considering it, however he's inclined to stay at Wolves.

Tend to think this sort of link means we've given up on Tuchel or he's said no. The Guardian/Andy Hunter are pretty reliable so I don't think we'd be waving an offer under this guy's nose if we were at all confidence of getting Tuchel in.

Which makes me kinda sad and makes me question our aspirations. Albeit slightly happy considering the Dyche story.

I wonder who we'll be linked with tomorrow. I would say from all these stories as a whole that it seems very likely that:

a.) Unsworth isn't getting the job barring a miracle turnaround.
b.) We'll likely have someone in before the international break.