Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 145654 times)

November 14, 2017, 02:15:51 PM
Reply #1620

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Gian Piero Ventura is available!

No thanks
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 14, 2017, 02:22:52 PM
Reply #1621

Macca77

Gian Piero Ventura is available!

Would rather have Ace Ventura

November 14, 2017, 02:30:02 PM
Reply #1622

Glory

Whoever gets the gig is on a hiding to nothing.

Really can't see a consensus candidate popping up.

November 14, 2017, 02:34:11 PM
Reply #1623

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
I like the look of Silva I will admit, but yeah it’s worrying that he moves about so much.

Can’t say I know much about his style either. I liked the sound of Fonseca but it’s gone quiet there.

I could probably get behind Dyche but to be honest the whole thing is underwhelming isn’t it. We feel fucked to me.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 14, 2017, 02:47:20 PM
Reply #1624

Glory

It's the primary reason as to why I would give it to Unsworth until the end of the season.

I don't think we will go down. I am negative but not that negative. However if we start to really show no signs of improvement we can make a change in January.

Appointing Unsworth for the rest of the season gives us time to do a proper search, rather than some rushed  haphazard approach. Ideally we wouldn't have to and Unsworth would secure the role permanently.

It just seems to me if we try and get a permanent fix in the near future it has serious potential to go pear shaped. There is no obvious candisate and I think this thread has proved that. Unsworth has the fans backing at least.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 02:48:21 PM by Glory »

November 14, 2017, 02:48:31 PM
Reply #1625

eugene

Just hate Dyche s ginger goatee I need to have a little bit of man love for our managers
And the facial hair and 60 woodbines a day voice make me decidedly limp!
Like Lee Marvin outa paint your wagon ffs

November 14, 2017, 03:17:39 PM
Reply #1626

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Agree. People will say oh but Hull improved in his time there and maybe they did. But the fact is he wouldn't have taken that job unless he thought getting out of the relegation zone was achievable. So by his own standards, he clearly failed.

Id guess it was more like he felt that he was in a win win situation.

If he kept them up, it would have been almost a miracle.

No one gave them even a hint of a chance so if he got close then hed come out reputation enhanced; as has been the case.

November 14, 2017, 06:49:16 PM
Reply #1627

Trowel

Sky "understand" we've ruled out Silva and Allardyce.

They're making this up as they go along.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11671/11126043/marco-silva-and-sam-allardyce-ruled-out-as-everton-continue-manager-search
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

November 14, 2017, 07:01:54 PM
Reply #1628

Macca77

Awful reporting there, Allardyce ruling himself out, no longer interested, behave

November 14, 2017, 07:05:26 PM
Reply #1629

kramer0

ITKs on TEF convinced weve approached for Silva. If we agree to compensation or buy out his contract, it looks pretty likely.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 07:06:28 PM by kramer0 »

November 14, 2017, 07:05:55 PM
Reply #1630

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
I just think we should carry on with Unsworth till the end of the season.
Little chance of us being relegated, little chance of us losing our 'best' players due to a mid-table (or lower) finish, and more chance of being able to appoint a decent manager if it goes tits up with Unsworth.

At the minute it's slim pickings.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

November 14, 2017, 07:07:15 PM
Reply #1631

Waltzer

Sky "understand" we've ruled out Silva and Allardyce.

They're making this up as they go along.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11671/11126043/marco-silva-and-sam-allardyce-ruled-out-as-everton-continue-manager-search

Even the title doesnt link to the story as there is nothing within stating we have ruled anything out, it merely says Sam isnt interested and Watford are refusing to let Silva go

November 14, 2017, 07:12:30 PM
Reply #1632

Macca77

ITKs on TEF convinced weve approached for Silva. If we agree to compensation or buy out his contract, it looks pretty likely.

Silva wants to talk to us, Watford are refusing to let him

November 14, 2017, 07:17:20 PM
Reply #1633

Macca77

From TEF

Doubt maybe creeping in on what Sky are saying here or that Watford spokesman has said, but Paul Joyce said "Silva has got the job" That will do for me.

How many times has Joyce been wrong ?

November 14, 2017, 07:19:45 PM
Reply #1634

Bluedylan

From TEF

Have we got a Paul Joyce direct quote or tweet to have a butcher's at?
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.