Who would you like in charge?

Marco Silva
Rafa Benitez
Brendan Rodgers
Eddie Howe
Mikel Arteta
Arsene Wenger
AN Other

Author Topic: Who should we go for? POLL RESET  (Read 145955 times)

November 14, 2017, 11:43:59 PM
Reply #1680

Mayor Farnum

But that's the pool to choose from. You wouldn't really expect us to down a division because that'd be seen as a backward step. So the alternative is to go abroad, but then you risk bringing in someone who doesn't know the league and has to work it out while relying on a crap squad.

Unfortunately, there are no guarantees except for the very top managers, and even they may not work out. A lot of the managers in the PL may well achieve more with better resources or they may be at their level already - Hughton, Dyche, Wagner even (surely he'd be an option?) - that's the gamble. I'm not saying I'd necessarily want any of them as our manager, but outside the big names, whoever we appoint is going to be a risk.

The last two managers to win trophies for us were plucked from a lower division.

I think we are agreeing. We will always attract managers from below us but it's a salary thing more than anything else. Yes, we, and for that matter the manager, may get lucky; but history tells us it's about an likely as a doleite knowing today's date.

November 15, 2017, 12:09:36 AM
Reply #1681

Macca77

Loving the fact the media are alleging Allardyce ruled himself out of the job, nobody wanted the prick here in the first place.

Oh and you can fuck off with the Coleman shouts as well.

Cheers

November 15, 2017, 12:09:43 AM
Reply #1682

Gash

Global Moderator
Further evidence Moshiri has no thought process other than throwing silly money around.

He seems to have a real scattergun approach to the playing side of things. Chucking money around like confetti and his relationship with Jim White are two of the more concerning aspects of how he runs the club.

November 15, 2017, 12:46:36 AM
Reply #1683

Mayor Farnum

Loving the fact the media are alleging Allardyce ruled himself out of the job, nobody wanted the prick here in the first place.

Oh and you can fuck off with the Coleman shouts as well.

Cheers

erm some of us want him. Allardyce that is; not Coleman.

November 15, 2017, 12:50:07 AM
Reply #1684

Macca77

Some of you need your heads testing then!

November 15, 2017, 12:51:57 AM
Reply #1685

GrantyBoy78

No real idea if Silva's any good or not so no strong feelings either way.

But fucking hell we're directionless. 8 mil to buy a manager out of a two year deal?! With that and the absolute wedges we've thrown at RM and RK just sack them we'll have forked out about 30 mil on managers in a few years!
...and all to be worse off. Assuming we finish lower than Martinezís 11th in his final season.

November 15, 2017, 12:53:07 AM
Reply #1686

fubarruk

Allardyce 'ruling himself out' should be met with a resounding cheer from anyone who considers themselves an Evertonian, baffles me how anyone could think that having him here was a good idea in any way or resembles anything close to progress.

November 15, 2017, 12:54:22 AM
Reply #1687

Cereal Killer

But fucking hell we're directionless. 8 mil to buy a manager out of a two year deal?! With that and the absolute wedges we've thrown at RM and RK just sack them we'll have forked out about 30 mil on managers in a few years!

Makes you pine for days we couldn't sack anyone because we couldn't afford to pay them off.....

November 15, 2017, 01:05:37 AM
Reply #1688

Bluedylan

Not really arsed how much money we piss away on managers personally. More concerned about getting the right one, whatever the cost.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 15, 2017, 01:06:29 AM
Reply #1689

KoemansNumberTens

Think of it as 2 thirds of a Sigurdsson doesn't sound very much at all like that

November 15, 2017, 01:20:17 AM
Reply #1690

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Would rather have Gary Coleman.
Watch you talking about?

It had to be done. Sorry.
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

November 15, 2017, 01:21:40 AM
Reply #1691

ally2

Moshiri can throw as much money around as he wants.  I don't care.  Similarly I couldn't care less what Jim White says.  Koeman did very well last season.  Nobody stuck by him this season and Moshiri listened to the overwhelming callls for him to be sacked, then did.  What's the issue then?

November 15, 2017, 01:44:12 AM
Reply #1692

Gash

Global Moderator
Moshiri can throw as much money around as he wants.  I don't care.  Similarly I couldn't care less what Jim White says.  Koeman did very well last season.  Nobody stuck by him this season and Moshiri listened to the overwhelming callls for him to be sacked, then did.  What's the issue then?

It just doesn't come across as very professional or the actions of a well run business. If he was quietly tipping of some respected journalists then fine but giving the biggest mouth on TV a platform doesn't seem the brightest thing to do. As for the money thing, fair enough, I don't care either but when he's chucking £45m at a player we didn't need while totally neglecting other areas of the pitch then it becomes a concern. It's not so much the money it's the action, it just doesn't come across as very well planned out and as if he thinks you can just keep chucking money at a problem, sooner or later the problem needs fixed.

I'm not really buying the "he knows his stuff, he was at Arsenal for years" that people have come out with in the past, I don't think he was very hands on there, if at all and right now to me he comes across as more Tony Fernandes and a bit naive than some highly skilled football club owner.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 01:46:31 AM by Gash »

November 15, 2017, 01:47:17 AM
Reply #1693

Bluedylan

Football's a basket case business anyway. Not too many owners/chairmen ever make money. You could look at almost every club's business, bar the exceptionally run ones, and pick their finances and wastage apart.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 15, 2017, 01:47:46 AM
Reply #1694

GrantyBoy78

Moshiri isnít going to put his money the club so itís not a bottomless pit. So spunking money on manager after manager will impact which players and the quality of player we bring in.