January 20, 2018, 01:27:46 PM

Author Topic: Lyon v Everton  (Read 13972 times)

November 03, 2017, 12:58:15 AM
Reply #375

Ridge

Unsworth is pretty solid tactically. As much as I didn't like the 4-4-2 against Leciester, these have been three of our most coherent starting elevens of the season.

Unsworth's starting line-ups + Koeman's subs = good manager?

Think Unsworth has made better subs and changes. Both Chelsea and Leicester we made changes and were better second half.

November 03, 2017, 12:58:44 AM
Reply #376

GrantyBoy78

We look shit. Defence all very last ditch and desperate. Offering no goal threat and midfield have no idea what to do with the ball...then make the wrong decisions when it does open up a bit.

November 03, 2017, 12:58:47 AM
Reply #377

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Wow lot to talk about there to be honest.

Shape wise NOT BAD considering.

We need an outball, maybe Lennon or Lookman can be let off the leash a bit and we play into channels? Straight up top Gylfi wonít burn or out jump, but heís very good to feet I think. Doing well in a tough situation.

At the back we look a mix of back to wall grit and fucking all over the shop.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

November 03, 2017, 12:59:02 AM
Reply #378

Evertonian in NC

tactically, Unsy has shown me quite a bit with today's effort.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

November 03, 2017, 12:59:16 AM
Reply #379

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Given what we were expecting, that wasn't too bad. Their efforts of goal weren't clear chances apart from the header Pickford saved.

Maybe need a slight rethink at the other end. Lennon and Lookman have ended up getting pinned back, isolating Gylfi.

Canít leave their runners though.

When you play 3 DMs itís very hard to get up the pitch (as saw away at Chelsea).

Need someone a bit more advanced to reduce the gap between front 3 but that should probably wait until later.

(A good example of why we couldnít play like this at home though)

November 03, 2017, 12:59:22 AM
Reply #380

kramer0

Annoys me that pundits never seem to take into account confidence etc.

Surely stretching anyoneís imagination to expect a team woefully out of form to be better than a comparable team (theoretically) that is in very good form on their own pitch?

And then there's Phil Neville, who talks about confidence almost exclusively.

November 03, 2017, 12:59:41 AM
Reply #381

School of Science

Well done Kenny and Gylfi. Excellent.

BD your signature is our team formation tonight.
Everton premier league champions 2014 / 15

November 03, 2017, 01:00:14 AM
Reply #382

KoemansNumberTens

playing alright arent we. Be happy with a point here. Just need 1 decent result to hopefully get us going

November 03, 2017, 01:00:56 AM
Reply #383

bacon sarnie

tactically, Unsy has shown me quite a bit with today's effort.

Just has to buy a striker.

November 03, 2017, 01:00:59 AM
Reply #384

Silas

NSNO Subscriber
Very workmanlike but so far it could be worse. We need to create something somehow though

November 03, 2017, 01:01:33 AM
Reply #385

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Think Unsworth has made better subs and changes. Both Chelsea and Leicester we made changes and were better second half.

Chelsea was a good sub.

Leicester let us have the ball second half so I donít think that was as positive as made out given that we created only one chance, that Niasse miscontrolled, when 2-0 down.

November 03, 2017, 01:01:35 AM
Reply #386

Evertonian in NC

shit, if we beat Lyon, we really would be quite alive wouldn't we? 
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

November 03, 2017, 01:01:40 AM
Reply #387

kramer0

Enjoying the general coherence of Unsworth's game plans.

Has he really been told he isn't getting the job?

November 03, 2017, 01:01:53 AM
Reply #388

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Very workmanlike but so far it could be worse. We need to create something somehow though

It is.

Add a striker and dare I say it Barkley and we look more like ourselves though. At least more so than anything of late.

November 03, 2017, 01:03:30 AM
Reply #389

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Brad Friedel thinks Lyon have been the better side.

Hot take.
Don't we all ?