April 24, 2018, 07:37:52 PM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce open to Everton talks  (Read 20018 times)

November 08, 2017, 06:40:18 PM
Reply #375

BlueForYou

Pearson, eh?!

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

November 08, 2017, 06:42:53 PM
Reply #376

Bluedylan

Ta, not had chance to browse today. I assumed BD wouldn't be quoting the sun or mail or other such bastions of footballing truth.

Saw it on the Echo website, quoting Sky Sports.

Seriously though re: Moshiri wanting Silva (if accurate), it's the most important position at the club. Nevermind haggling over contracts and fees. If we've been willing to pay 45m for a good but not exceptional player, pay whatever it takes to get the manager you want.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 08, 2017, 06:43:42 PM
Reply #377

MrWhite

1/5 odds at the bookies for Big Sam.

Have no innate desire to see him as our manager, but the perma-contrarian side of me wants to run against the pack as usual.

I'm ready to back whoever we get.  I DO hope that if it is Allardyce, that it's a short contract/"prove to us that you are more than an escape artist - I expect challenging the top-6 every year."

West Ham fans embarrassing themselves, "deserve better" than the former Everton and Utd manager.  You don't deserve anything.

Odds have now changed quite a lot, after the press the last two days a lot of people must have put money on Sam. Current best odds on him are 6/4, and Rhino has shot back in as he has the same best odds right now.

November 08, 2017, 06:48:14 PM
Reply #378

MrWhite

Saw it on the Echo website, quoting Sky Sports.

Seriously though re: Moshiri wanting Silva (if accurate), it's the most important position at the club. Nevermind haggling over contracts and fees. If we've been willing to pay 45m for a good but not exceptional player, pay whatever it takes to get the manager you want.

At a guess the problem isn't money. It's both Watford and Silva being willing at this point. If it was the summer I think it would be different, but Watford won't want to let him go now, even if he is willing to jump ship so soon when doing fairly well. I suspect Moshiri and Bill are currently trying to figure out how to get by until May at which point Silva has a break clause in his contract that would make it simple.

November 08, 2017, 06:48:28 PM
Reply #379

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Walsh needs to fuck off asap.

November 08, 2017, 06:50:13 PM
Reply #380

BlueForYou

Unsy's done enough for me with the handling of Mirallas and Schneiderlin - leadership material, let him have the manager's job on a six month trial

Gotta learn fast, Unsy!

"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

November 08, 2017, 06:55:40 PM
Reply #381

KoemansNumberTens

Odds have now changed quite a lot, after the press the last two days a lot of people must have put money on Sam. Current best odds on him are 6/4, and Rhino has shot back in as he has the same best odds right now.

Unsworth is the 2/1 favourite now on the exchange. Was 20/1 before the Watford game

November 08, 2017, 07:09:50 PM
Reply #382

MrWhite

Unsworth is the 2/1 favourite now on the exchange. Was 20/1 before the Watford game
the question is why are punters suddenly backing Unsworth? Allardyce and Dyche bets have been driven by the press, but I've not read anything today about Unsworth staying in charge. I guess it could be because yesterday when it appeared the Allardyce story was done, Unsworth was at over 10/1, a few people took a punt and the bookies are covering themselves.

November 08, 2017, 07:19:50 PM
Reply #383

Waltzer

Unsy's done enough for me with the handling of Mirallas and Schneiderlin - leadership material, let him have the manager's job on a six month trial

Gotta learn fast, Unsy!

So nothing to do with any tactical nous? And why not give it to big Dunc, he was the one that apparently sent them home, not Unsworth:

The Liverpool Echo claimed that the pair's attitude during a session at Finch Farm on Saturday was questioned by assistant coach Big Dunc, who proceeded to send them both off the pitch to get changed.

The legendary ex-Toffees striker was allegedly unhappy with the lack of effort being shown.

He suggested that Mirallas and Schneiderlin either shape up or go get changed, and reports say they opted for the second option before they were told to go home from the training ground.

November 08, 2017, 07:25:00 PM
Reply #384

Rodenplav64

Watford have 15 points and have lost the last 3 . That is the same as they were with Walter Mazzari and they beat Manchester Utd and Arsenal before Xmas . Why is Silva such a big deal after nearly keeping hull up ( with the help of our Oumar ) and after 10 games in charge of Watford ? We need to look outside the Premier League for once and get a proper structure in place for the future as Kramer pointed out so well .

November 08, 2017, 07:25:16 PM
Reply #385

BlueForYou

Good on Big Dunc - sounds like Kendall was right in 2013, management material

In that case, yes, put him in charge (appears that he is?)

A lot of coaches have tactical nous but they can't lead - essential for a manager

And if both players opted to go home, transfer list them both

« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 07:31:05 PM by BlueForYou »

Harry Catterick

November 08, 2017, 07:34:39 PM
Reply #386

Waltzer

I know Lille are doing really bad this year but I still wouldnt mind Marcelo Bielsa coming in, really well regarded in the World of football and would certainly shake things up

November 08, 2017, 07:37:48 PM
Reply #387

Trowel

Steve Walsh can fuck right off if he's the one driving this Allardyce-Shakespeare idea, as the press are reporting.
Let's remember this is the same press who at the start of the week were convinced that Moshiri had already held talks with Allardyce.

I'm starting to suspect the press may make controversial things up just to get people to read their website :shock:
www.footballitk.com | Football news from those In The Know

Latest Everton transfer news

November 08, 2017, 07:45:53 PM
Reply #388

BlueForYou

Whilst managing Bury, ex Everton player Martin Dobson introduced, then PE teacher, Steve Walsh to football scouting

Great player, Dobo - better than Brooking!

Harry Catterick

November 08, 2017, 07:48:47 PM
Reply #389

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
It's all gone a bit Marco Boogers in here.