April 21, 2018, 09:12:59 AM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce in Everton talks  (Read 24736 times)

November 28, 2017, 10:48:38 AM
Reply #210

boothill

November 28, 2017, 11:56:45 AM
Reply #211

Bluedylan

Are we allowed to call him 'Twat Sam'?
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

November 28, 2017, 01:05:03 PM
Reply #212

Macca77

November 28, 2017, 01:12:33 PM
Reply #213

BlueNoseMike

If Moshiri had 3 contenders and two are Martin O'Neill, and this FAT CUNT I can't wait to find out who the third turd is.

We are a laughing stock.

Apparently it's fonseca. According to the chat in the debate last night anyway

November 28, 2017, 01:46:43 PM
Reply #214

Bluebridge

Does anyone know if Allardyce coaches his team to press, or is it all about ten behind the ball, then a direct long ball over the top for players to run onto?
At this moment in time, unfortuantely, that is excatly what we need to do.

November 28, 2017, 01:54:51 PM
Reply #215

Macca77

Does anyone know if Allardyce coaches his team to press, or is it all about ten behind the ball, then a direct long ball over the top for players to run onto?

Its the later, his tactics have always been defend the launch it up to a target man, won't work here

November 28, 2017, 02:15:04 PM
Reply #216

Waltzer

Its the later, his tactics have always been defend the launch it up to a target man, won't work here

I dont think he is actually too dissimilar to Koeman. Koeman used to like to play it into the channels and then get it in the box, I dont see Sam being that different, which for me is why it kind of makes sense to go down this route over Silva who would expect a more expansive game from his players, and a big squad overhaul. Its a basic brand of no nonsense, risk adverse football, which if were being honest is about the limits of our squad, theyve been asked to do other things and just fail .

Sam will bring the best out of Keane and Sigurdsson for sure, plus with Bolasie coming back I can see us doing okay, it will mean we get a target man in January, but I dont see that as being a bad thing.

And you say it wont work here, but id argue we are probably more synonymous with direct football, in my lifetime, than we are with anything else

November 28, 2017, 02:16:07 PM
Reply #217

therealdunc

Some really lazy opinions on here of Big Sam based on nasty London media tabloids and not on reality or facts

Some of you lads read the sun and mirror to much
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 02:17:14 PM by therealdunc »
Blue

November 28, 2017, 02:20:33 PM
Reply #218

Redartin

Are we allowed to call him 'Twat Sam'?
Probably will be deemed offensive to other twats on here, being associated with him.

November 28, 2017, 02:21:36 PM
Reply #219

gizzblue

Some really lazy opinions on here of Big Sam based on nasty London media tabloids and not on reality or facts

Id say most opinions were actually based on historical shite of his teams....not to mention the video footage of him actually being dodgy as fuck about transfer fees and agents. 😅..which got him sacked from England and the FA were alevery twat is dodgy .😅

November 28, 2017, 02:24:31 PM
Reply #220

therealdunc

Probably will be deemed offensive to other twats on here, being associated with him.

Everton is one big family, respect and love your fellow fans
Blue

November 28, 2017, 02:24:55 PM
Reply #221

NomadskiEFC

NSNO Subscriber
Sam would do a functional, and effective job for us at this moment in time, which is exactly what we are in desperate need for.
Once A Blue NEVER a Red

November 28, 2017, 02:25:20 PM
Reply #222

Redartin

When he was England manager how did he react to Barkley? Was it him who dropped Ross or did he select him?

November 28, 2017, 02:25:25 PM
Reply #223

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber

Probably from watching his shit football teams play shit football for over a decade.

November 28, 2017, 02:25:48 PM
Reply #224

Macca77

I dont think he is actually too dissimilar to Koeman. Koeman used to like to play it into the channels and then get it in the box, I dont see Sam being that different, which for me is why it kind of makes sense to go down this route over Silva who would expect a more expansive game from his players, and a big squad overhaul. Its a basic brand of no nonsense, risk adverse football, which if were being honest is about the limits of our squad, theyve been asked to do other things and just fail .

Sam will bring the best out of Keane and Sigurdsson for sure, plus with Bolasie coming back I can see us doing okay, it will mean we get a target man in January, but I dont see that as being a bad thing.

And you say it wont work here, but id argue we are probably more synonymous with direct football, in my lifetime, than we are with anything else

What im saying is it wont work because we havent got a target man and will struggle to get one in January