May 26, 2017, 08:14:03 PM

Author Topic: [News]Cleverley set to seal permanent move to Watford after international break  (Read 3974 times)

March 20, 2017, 09:25:04 PM
Reply #30

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Not looking gift horses in the mouth comes to mind here.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

March 20, 2017, 09:51:41 PM
Reply #31

hill135

Another poor RM signing, who from the outset was clearly not good enough. See ya Tom

March 20, 2017, 10:16:17 PM
Reply #32

Cereal Killer

Cleverley at Watford:

8 games, 1 assist, 0 shots on target, 3 yellow cards, 78% passing

average player, being sold for an average price to an average team

would people rather we'd pushed for say 8-10m and risk them turning round and saying actually no you're alright we aren't that interested and us being stuck with him?

March 20, 2017, 11:35:32 PM
Reply #33

efcforlife

Cleverley at Watford:

8 games, 1 assist, 0 shots on target, 3 yellow cards, 78% passing

average player, being sold for an average price to an average team

would people rather we'd pushed for say 8-10m and risk them turning round and saying actually no you're alright we aren't that interested and us being stuck with him?

No I'd rather start at 10mill though and work my way down to the 6 mill that was agreed.

He's a decent tick over midfielder, he's worth more than 6 million to Watford.

Just take a look at their last 10 signings, they are getting an absolute steal.

Im all honesty I'm pretty sure 6 will be a starting fee with a few more to come with add ons anyway

March 20, 2017, 11:46:10 PM
Reply #34

MmmBlueToffee

Suspect that if we set the buy it now price too high they wouldn't have taken him on loan.

But still, folk will still find a reason to moan. Sad dullards.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

March 21, 2017, 12:23:05 AM
Reply #35

ally2

I'm pretty sure 6 will be a starting fee with a few more to come with add ons anyway

Yeah. He could become a Watford legend lol

March 21, 2017, 12:48:38 AM
Reply #36

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Said this at the time of the loan, but a low sell on fee might have been part of his initial deal given we didn't pay for him directly.
I'm Mary Poppins, y'all!

March 21, 2017, 04:44:49 AM
Reply #37

efcforlife

Suspect that if we set the buy it now price too high they wouldn't have taken him on loan.

But still, folk will still find a reason to moan. Sad dullards.

Buy it now price? Do you mean the buy after the loan price?

They didn't have any buy it now money,hence the loan.

Did someone mention dullards?

March 21, 2017, 05:30:25 AM
Reply #38

Ramjam

Six million more than he cost us so subtract that from the Niassie fee of 13 million which Bobby brown shoes spunked out and that leaves the Hull goal getter costing us 7 million, Assuming we can off load Niassie for 7 or 8 million I think we can count our selves very lucky that we got out of jail with some creative accounting and to a degree save some embarrassment
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

March 21, 2017, 06:14:26 AM
Reply #39

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Six million more than he cost us so subtract that from the Niassie fee of 13 million which Bobby brown shoes spunked out and that leaves the Hull goal getter costing us 7 million, Assuming we can off load Niassie for 7 or 8 million I think we can count our selves very lucky that we got out of jail with some creative accounting and to a degree save some embarrassment
If you think about it we sold Naismith for 7 or 8 million and used that to buy Niasse. We've broken even with those three players.
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

March 21, 2017, 02:38:05 PM
Reply #40

Macca77

Cleverley is an awful player, I'd be happy with a 1 million for him just to get him off the wage bill

March 21, 2017, 03:21:05 PM
Reply #41

Thornton_19

Im not at all fussed on the amount we bring in from these players. I am more concerned about us freeing up this wage bill for the summer.

March 21, 2017, 03:28:17 PM
Reply #42

Lxxx

We have in effect swapped Cleverley for Gueye, give or take a few quid. When put in perspective it's a fuckin steal of a deal all day long, bearing in mind Gueye is 10 times the player.

March 21, 2017, 04:53:09 PM
Reply #43

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Does this mean he gets to play against us when we play Watford again?
Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach a man how to fish, the government will tell him to register his business license, pay income tax, pay payroll, pay for fishing permit.

March 21, 2017, 05:44:56 PM
Reply #44

MmmBlueToffee

Cleverley is an awful player, I'd be happy with a 1 million for him just to get him off the wage bill

Think it's harsh to call him awful. He is the very epitome of 'bang average' in every aspect.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama