October 23, 2019, 04:51:23 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 474722 times)

Offline Toddacelli

• Alex Young
  • Stracqualursi rhymes with Mersey
    • tobyhewson.com
Re: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update
« on: July 10, 2019, 02:14:15 AM »
Interesting how our views are formed because we have a vested interest.
UNESCO ridiculed, everything brought down to money through tourism and regeneration etc.
Where's the concern about preserving the city's / country's history?
Both sides of the argument are important so why not more discussion about how history is balanced with the needs of modern life? This thread rather reinforces the view many people, have of PL football clubs - selfish, greedy and a f**k you attitude to anything that we don't like.
One of the things that lifts our club above so many others is our commitment to 'community'  - it's a shame it isn't reflected more by our fans in threads like this

I've been vocal about progress on this thread. I also care about heritage and history a great deal.

Have I thrown my principles away for personal gain and perceived financial benefits?

Nope.

The reason I am totally comfortable with this is specific to the site. Currently it serves no benefit, is part of no tourism, has no visitors and zero education is carried out at the site.

My preference is that we turn the site into somewhere that has thousands and thousands of visitors each week AND ALSO helps educate those visitors on the history of the site.

If no one sees it - who are we preserving it for?

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team