October 23, 2019, 05:19:53 PM

Author Topic: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update  (Read 474732 times)

Offline Shropshire Blue

• NSNO Subscriber
  • Graeme Sharp
Re: [News]Bramley Moore Dock update
« on: July 26, 2019, 03:50:55 AM »
Just got back and from a very quick look on line you probably know everything we learned at the launch.
The whole evening was excellent.
What may not be online is the 'conversation' that explained various aspects.
1. Goodison. You can see what is going to be there and most of it directly addresses the needs of a deprived community. The centre circle will be preserved as a grassed area and playground. The 'social value' of the Goodison end of the scheme  (don't know how this is calculated) is expected to be 800m over 10 years. It is expected to regenerate the County Rd area.
2. BMD Most of the talk around this was how Dan Meiss developed his idea to reach this point. No new facts there as far as I can remember, just interesting background.
I have to say I had high expectations before I went but seeing that impression of the home end from the outside I literally said 'wow'. It has the potential to be iconic on the real meaning of the word.
The brickwork seems to both set off the glass "window'  at the home end, the roofs all round and fits in well with the surrounding heritage. There will be a criss cross pattern in the bricks as an acknowledgement to the Archibald Leitch designs at Goodison but I don't think that showed up too clearly  in the artists impression.
Want my meal now but if you have any puestions put them here and I'll do my best to answer them.
One important point is that the design could still change after the consultation period but realistically I think this is very close to what we get
Roll on first home game 2023/2024
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 03:57:09 AM by Shropshire Blue »
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team