November 21, 2018, 11:41:33 PM

Author Topic: [News]Everton agree Belfodil deal  (Read 15025 times)

Offline Running Blue

• Sandy Young
Re: [News]Everton agree Belfodil deal
« on: January 12, 2017, 05:11:38 AM »
I am hopeful that he turns good, and that he is just the sort of Walsh buy that we were asking for. However, his strike rate is pretty abysmal, and it is a reasonable cause for concern. We will have to see. I have some faith in Walsh and Co., and am hopeful he will turn out to be a solid buy. Just not as hopeful as I would like to be.

I just read a great book - "Inverting the Pyramid."  It talks about the evolution of football tactics since the 1800s.  I honestly believe Koeman is a real "connoisseur" of the sport and it is not inconceivable that he is looking at bringing in someone who can play a certain role without having a great strike rate.  It could be that he sees a role for a forward who will do a better job of bringing our other attacking assets (Bolassie, Mirallas, Lennon, Baines, Coleman, Lookman, etc.) into the match than Lukaku does. 

The book actually gave Christophe Dugarry as an example of a striker who wasn't a very prolific goal scorer.  I think he was at about 1 in 6 matches which really is not very good.  Yet, he was good enough to play for Milan, Barcelona, Marseille, etc.  He won the European Cup, the World Cup, and La Liga. 

Anyway, I don't really disagree with you... I'm just trying to give Koeman the benefit of the doubt here and recommending a very interesting book.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 11:39:31 PM by Running Blue »

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team