December 11, 2017, 11:20:43 PM

Author Topic: The u23 thread  (Read 40244 times)

Offline Ross

• Howard Kendall
  • To Boo, or not to Boo....that is the question.
Re: The u23 thread
« on: February 08, 2017, 12:56:07 AM »
Which is why striving to send them out on loan at the highest possible level is the best we can do for them. I clearly don't know the ins and outs but players like Ledson for example, who was highly rated by everyone not just within the club but at international level, finds himself at Oxford and others like him find themselves lost in the lower leagues. Whereas the shite's obscure reserves find themselves still at a decent level when they move on.

I think the more professional setup we have now will reap dividends not just for us but for the kids as well.

No sending them to the club that offers them the best possible opportunities of advancement is the right thing to for them, you only have to see how Galloway has fared this season at West Brom to see that. If he'd have gone to Newcastle or Derby it's likely he'd have came back in the summer with 40 odd senior games under his belt rather than having spent 40 odd games sat on his backside. Sadly we decided to prioritise the money over the players advancement and we and him will be worse off for it in the long run.

I can't believe youre making a comparison to the shite as well. Our academy has proven far superior over the last 20+ years in comparison to theirs. We've produced footballers fit for the premiership time and again in that period, saving ourselves multiple millions in the process, as well as launching dozens of local kids into professional football.

It's a ridiculous point, the sale of Wayne Rooney alone has probably eclipsed whatever the shite have gained from their graduate sales in the last 20 years, that's before you factor in the fees for Rodwell, Anichebe, Vaughan.....

All we need to do is carry on doing right by individual like we have been, it's clearly working.

Do right by each and every graduate and don't treat them as pieces of meat.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team