November 23, 2017, 10:56:37 PM

Author Topic: Cuco Martina  (Read 2707 times)

Online kramer0

• Peter Reid
Re: Cuco Martina
« on: August 30, 2017, 10:06:52 PM »
I feel for Holgate. He plays one bad defensive header against City and Sterling smashes the ball into net, towards the end of an otherwise pristine performance against one of the best attacking sides in the world.

Meanwhile, against Split, Martina plays sloppy passes into the winger pressing him, bombs forward when there's no angle for him to receive the ball (leaving the entire right side open behind him), lets his man get goal side of him on what should have been a simple throw-in to defend, wanders into the middle of the box leaving his winger in tons of space on the far side when a cross beats everybody, and somehow comes out unscathed. He's a ticking time bomb defensively.

He's certainly quick and he's good at drilling in first time crosses. But defensively, he's all over the place in a way that I find genuinely terrifying. He seems like a good guy and he's done incredibly well to grind his way up to a club at our level but I don't want to see him on the team sheet. We're too good to have a player this bad defensively at right back.

For those of you who can handle the defensive madness... you're much stronger than I am.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 10:15:26 PM by kramer0 »

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team