December 15, 2017, 08:37:53 AM

Author Topic: [News]Koeman backtracks on Niasse  (Read 13351 times)

Offline Simon Paul

• Administrator
  • Howard Kendall
    • Everton Podcast
Re: [News]Koeman backtracks on Niasse
« on: September 08, 2017, 02:08:16 AM »
At present, wouldn't be sad if he was. Woss has shown the way forward.

I am a bit sad for watching some of his press conferences but he does seem to get a twinkle in his eye about the team development, I would not be surprised to see him sign an extension if we maintain 7th and get some good cup runs this year.

He won't get as good a gig as us unless he leaves on a high so that could go either way if we finish in the top six/win a trophy.

we're a stepping stone, which is fine as long as he leaves us better than when he came, but let's not kid ourselves that he's looking at anything other than the next step on the ladder to Barcelona.

good luck to him if he gets there, but he's not engaged with the fans, not really had us playing mind-blowing football, and his first season in the cups was awful. 

unless he wins us a cup then all he'll be remembered as in years to come is "Oh yeah, he managed us for a couple of years didn't he?" whenever he's quoted on the Dutch side's chances at a World Cup

if he wins us a cup then he'll rightly be remembered as the manager who helped turn us back into a global power again - because I believe that once we win one trophy, we'll win loads!

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team