November 18, 2017, 11:56:40 PM

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 55930 times)

Online Bluedylan

• Dixie Dean
Re: Should we sack Koeman?
« on: October 02, 2017, 02:24:07 PM »
He's a great fella and he's as Everton as you can get but didn't someone say the other day he hasn't even got his full coaching badges?

A couple of years at U23 level doesn't qualify someone to coach a prem team, surely anyone can see that.

Being completely honest I think it would be a joke if we give him it, but if we do I would of course be 100% behind him and would love it to work. I just think we need something more on his CV than simply 'he's everton'.

As has been pointed out before, he does have more than 'he's Everton' on his CV.

The two main criteria he is judged on are 'are you graduating young players into the first team?' - an overwhelming yes, and 'how are you performing in your league?' - he won it.

You also referred to him earlier as a 'youth coach'. He's the U23s team manager, overseeing that entire age group, picking teams, organising tactics, dealing with players' problems, managing people, dealing with media at times. He's not just some muppet who puts a couple of cones out twice a week.

Fair enough, you're not a fan of the idea but you're misrepresenting his duties and level of responsibility to suit your argument.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team