November 21, 2017, 12:29:04 PM

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 56987 times)

Offline Evertonian in NC

• Howard Kendall
Re: Should we sack Koeman?
« on: October 02, 2017, 07:56:05 PM »
He's been busy. Put himself about. Mainly though he's not done very much in most games and he's missed a few sitters. I'm not slagging him off. He's a decent enough prospect but that's all he is at the minute. I'd imagine pretty much every team in the league has a striker currently better than DCL which suggests he's probably not yet good enough to be a premier league player

He'd be performing better without the weight of expectations, the #2 to somebody like Giroud.  Or apprenticing to Lukaku.  There's just a wide gulf between "not ready to be our sole attacking option" - because the alternatives are Rooney (wandering, declining), Niasse (impact sub at best), and Sandro (mystery box).

Personally, I'd play 4-4-2 with Sandro starting next to DCL so maybe sharing the load and responsibility helps each man.  Let them play into form until we can hopefully add in January.

Hopefully "Hammerin' Hank" Onyekuru gets here next season.  :D
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team