November 18, 2017, 05:23:22 AM

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 55645 times)

Offline Ridge

• Howard Kendall
Re: Should we sack Koeman?
« on: October 16, 2017, 08:08:10 AM »
This is my take, too.

People say ‘there’s plenty of quality on the pitch, we should beat these’...followed by arguments as to whether we should have DCL or Niasse playing up front! They’re nowhere near good enough! Baines (sad but true), Jags, Niasse, DCL, Holgate, Vlasic (these last 3 will be decent, but not yet) are not top 7 Prem players.

The squad is massively unbalanced and seriously lacking quality in areas. I do now think Koeman has to go but I think he’s been royalty stitched by Walsh. Why would a manger who had great success with Mane decide to not bring in a pacey forward...or go into the season with one LB? He wouldn’t out of choice. And No striker...blah, blah - that’s been well documented.

I’m not sure any other manger could get us playing good attacking football when we just don’t have the players to do it.

Koeman had Reed and Wilson for recruitment at Southampton.

We got Sandro? DCL will get goals if he gets better supply. We relied on Barkley to create something, but football is a team sport and it's not too much to expect a team to be able to create.

Martinez inherited Fellaini and Jelavic and had no money and identified his own players. Koeman inherited Barkley and Lukaku and has seen £240m spent on 16 new players, vast majority have gone into first team.

We should surely be able to cope without Lukaku and we had enough people complaining Barkley didn't do enough. How come now we don't have a good enough team to beat Burnley or Brighton, or even give good performances.

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team