November 24, 2017, 08:15:41 AM

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 58121 times)

Offline Lxxx

• Neville Southall
Re: Should we sack Koeman?
« on: October 18, 2017, 12:35:51 AM »
I'm not saying pace isn't important, and don't get me wrong - I'd love us to play in that style.

But I do think we have enough technical players to play a different style, and that style can win matches. It's been demonstrated over and over again. Moyes did it a lot here, and teams like west brom grind out lots of wins. Even Chelsea last year were hardly electric.

So we need quick players?  Yes. But we haven't got them or they're not quite ready. I don't believe any more that a team needs an identity anyway. I'd like to think that our squad is capable of different styles of football. OK we are not achieving that either but that's a different question.

I agree to a certain extent. There's no reason players like Sandro, Klaassan, Sig, Davies etc... can't be pinging the ball into each other and then getting on their bike for a return pass then rinse and repeat. It's what Chelsea, Spurs, City do so well, they actually move after they've passed the ball to make space for the next phase. We just seem to pass and stand there.

It's got to be down to what they do on the training pitch as we have good technical players at a decent age but who don't seem to play with any urgency. Koeman is quite vocal about the intensity when we don't have the ball but I'd like to see a bit of thought going into what we do with it as well.

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team