November 24, 2017, 02:38:37 AM

Author Topic: Should we sack Koeman?  (Read 58007 times)

Offline Rhys

• Peter Reid
Re: Should we sack Koeman?
« on: October 23, 2017, 06:15:32 PM »
No chance of that. We don't score goals. A new manager might tighten us up at the back but he's not going to magic some firepower from anywhere until January, if at all this season.
I'd love to be proved wrong and any new man sets us up 4-4-2 and tells us to get down the flanks to actually try and create something but I still don't see where we're ever going to score more than two goals in any given game, which until we tighten up we need to do to stand a chance of winning a game of football and moving up the league.

But I dont think we need to do that to finish top 7, if we were looking at top 6 then yes. We should be able to be a lot more organised than we are, where the goals are coming from is an issue yes. But at the same time there is no way we should only have 2 players that have scored in the PL so far!

Last 5 seasons points that would be enough to finish 7th.

16/17 - 47
15/16 - 61
14/15 - 57
13/14 - 57
12/13 - 50

I think the top 6 are all of a consistently better level than for a while but the rest there are a lot more poorer teams than there used to be. At the start of the season most people would say we'd finish 7th, but after that it would be hard to make a case consistently for who would finish 8th I bet a lot of different people would pick a different team.

Not saying it would be easy but I do think if we got someone in place now it would be a possibility to go at 1.6 points per game and be around the 55 point mark especially with the hopeful addition of a good forward in January.

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team