November 18, 2017, 08:20:33 PM

Author Topic: Baines  (Read 4725 times)

Offline brap2

• NSNO Subscriber
  • Howard Kendall
Re: Baines
« on: October 16, 2017, 02:04:26 PM »
It's funny how some are saying Gueye isn't good enough. It's also amazing how we go to defensive pieces as soon as he is subbed.

He is limited going forward but he is busting his gut to get there and try and make the numbers. Something Schneiderlin is supposed to be doing as he is apparently the more creative.

Baines did try to get forward
A little more today. But he doesn't trust our forward line to hold the ball up so he hangs back to prevent the counter.

He's world class at very specific things, but he's currently playing as a sort of 8, which means he needs to be on the ball a lot.

So similar story - quality player being misused through managerial error or lack of other options.

My preferred midfield would be Gueye and Davies with Davies the 8, or Morgan sitting single pivot with Davies and Gueye box to box/Gueye and Klaassen box to box.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team