December 18, 2017, 10:25:20 PM

Author Topic: Kroenke buying Usmanov's shares  (Read 2849 times)

Offline blue1948

• Pat Van Den Hauwe
Re: Kroenke buying Usmanov's shares
« on: October 05, 2017, 05:55:52 PM »
Why shouldnít the stadium moves be used to criticise kenwright. Thatís like me asking a bird if she fancies me but demanding she ignores the fact Iím fat and ugly. Itís a key consideration.

did he have the foresight or any of the boards he was involved in to buy up land around GP to build a bigger footprint. The likes of spurs/United/Chelsea/Liverpool have all done that. Instead they have let Goodison Park to fall to into a state unacceptable level of disrepair. They couldnít even build the annexe because of the interesting way he was funding the club.

no matter how you look at it the kings dock is a far superior location for a football stadium than bramley moor. Donít forget how bill lied to us about having the money for this (£30m, yes £30 fucking million pounds). We would have been in there in 2005/6 I think. So 12 years of stadium revenue missed out on. Itís proximity to the city center, itís ease of access from all directions, it would have been the new heartbeat of the city. Also donít forget how he chased Paul gregg out because he was going to borrow the money, borrowed the money anyway on a ridiculous mortgage and bought us some pretty blue stones.

Then we have the totally unacceptable situation of Kirkby. The lies about it being free, the taking us out of the city boundary. The lies about GP safety certificates. He was going to destroy the foundations of this club All for a potential 5/6m a year extra.

Leading us to the disastrous, and also apparantly free new stadium. Not worth commenting any further on tbh.
Why on earth would you not use this as a stick to beat him with?

He allowed Phil green to become an integral part of the club, he gave him control all because he stayed as the figurehead. Years of financial mismanagement lead to that situation, and more followed it.

David moyes had to sell a promising young player once to cover the repair/relaying of the pitch. Had years of negative net spend because kenwrights inability to generate funds, coupled with increasing and crippling repayment on wongaesque loans and the blue pebble mortgage.

Bill kenwright took this club to the brink of administration more than once. To a position that the club could only operate with loans from shady high interest year to year borrowing.
His legacy is one of abstract failure.

He nearly sold to a fella in a Bedsit, he turned away cities sheiks and (I think I read somewhere) abromovich.

You mention Johnson and yes he was a kopite twat. He did however build the park end which is more than billy the blue has ever done for this club.

The sooner that man is a distant memory to this club the better. If it wasnít for his ego we would be sat in a nice dockside stadium already.

L
He also mortgaged his house to buy into Everton ,would you do that ?

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team