November 18, 2017, 06:00:55 PM

Author Topic: Ashley Williams  (Read 6255 times)

Offline Brownie20

• NSNO Subscriber
  • Howard Kendall
  • God created Saturdays for sport and alcohol
Re: Ashley Williams
« on: October 10, 2017, 11:08:59 PM »
Yeah he had a good tournament for Wales but most of them did didnít they? It didnít make him good enough for us and where we want to get to. It was terrible management to sell the most highly rated young English centrehalf in the league for a lot of money and replace him with a 31 year old whoís never been near the top of the game and always been part of porous defences. Especially as we already had a superior experienced defender here on the books. We should have looked for someone in their mid twenties reaching their peak who had the potential to make that step up here.

The general squad building probably deserves its own thread though but it does look like two influential people working at crossed purposes.

He's been good for Wales since he started, not just in the Euros. And @penguinofdoom1878 might be able to correct me but I don't know a single Swansea fan who was happy to see him leave. So you can slag him off for us all you like, but I know your actual knowledge of him over a long period of time is limited to a few appearances on Sky
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team