November 20, 2017, 12:06:23 AM

Author Topic: Ashley Williams  (Read 6334 times)

Offline Brownie20

• NSNO Subscriber
  • Howard Kendall
  • God created Saturdays for sport and alcohol
Re: Ashley Williams
« on: October 11, 2017, 12:19:11 AM »
indeed thats what i was eluding too, unlike Williams who we bought when he was on the downhill... but it was in regards to Brownie20's post regarding Williams and snobbery... the big difference is, these players are younger and will improve as they get older, while when you buy a 30 + year old., its very unlikely they will peak with you or even get better.

just cos Distin did it, (who always took care of his fitness) unlike someone who looks like he should be a boxing trainer.

I agree with the potential part but when someone says stuff like 'what's good enough for Swansea is not good enough for us' is the same thing we have criticised other fans for when talking about our players joining them. How many said the same about a crocked Peter Reid when he signed? Or Andy Gray? How many were fuming when we signed an aged Richard Gough? The point I'm trying to make is that clubs of all levels produce very good players who should not be written off simply because they play for XY or Z. No one could have predicted Williams' Form would deteriorate so rapidly since signing for us. When it was first mooted that Stones was going to be sold, many on here were happy to be linked with him. We signed him a year too late.
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team