November 18, 2017, 09:59:54 PM

Author Topic: Koeman linked with Everton exit  (Read 3159 times)

Offline Waltzer

• Gordon West
Re: Koeman linked with Everton exit
« on: October 16, 2017, 05:48:00 PM »
Yeh but come on, have we really got the fifth worst squad in the league? Are we really not able to fashion a functioning side out of £240m worth of signings over 18 months? We've got probably the most promising bunch of youngsters in the country to go along with hundreds of millions of pounds worth of internationals and we still can't beat a bunch of Cypriot journeymen, Burnley or Brighton?

I get what you're saying about the striker situation, it was negligent in the extreme, but let's not use that as an excuse for all the failings we've seen since August.

I agree that he has to take some of the blame, but you could argue that its strikers that win you games and were probably not far off having the 5th worst strike force in the league?
There is an element of irony in this forum too, if you look at the topics lately we've discussed strikers, Williams and Baines as not being enough (or arguments the other way), but these were the exact areas Koeman stated when he said:

Asked if he was confident of getting in his outstanding targets, he replied: “I'm always confident because we did some good business.

“Everyone knows, the board knows the importance of those two signings.”

We can go round in circles all day about whose to blame but my personal view is this is failure is much bigger than Koeman and hes being made a scapegoat for the boards failure. Without having a crystal ball I would hazard a guess if we had any of these strikers (that we could have got) Hernandez, Abraham, Rodriguez, Defoe, Llorente, Jese, Ihanacho we'd be in a much healthier position than we are

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team