November 23, 2017, 09:51:10 AM

Author Topic: [News]Hapless Koeman MUST go  (Read 6773 times)

Offline Lxxx

• Neville Southall
Re: [News]Hapless Koeman MUST go
« on: October 19, 2017, 05:21:17 PM »
Don't get me wrong here I've said it before and i'll repeat it again now..I never wanted koeman here in the first place.....ok that's the waiver out of the way...

had a great long conversation with a "colleague" yesterday re our predicament and he came up with some good points of "interest" to think about....this is a man who basically...been there and done that and analyses everything he does down to the colour of his socks....

he broke our season down into...3 bad defeats...spurs, atalanta and Manu...H 0-3, A 3-0, A 4-0.....he mentioned Chelsea away but suggested we wouldn't normally expect to get anything there anyway...

2 home "close" defeats....... where being honest it's not the type of football evertonians expect to see but we were the "better" side in both games.... bmouth and burnley...and probably should have won....

a draw away against the best side in the league...city who have been hammering teams...and I argued we were very lucky not to be hammered ourselves......which he agreed with..but counter argued....and this is where it really  hits home for me...

he said football is a business and a winning business at that... and what people are interested in is results not style of play...it's therefore very fine margins that make the difference......

apart from those games above we've only  lost by a 1 goal margin or drew the game....
we should've beaten bmth, burnley and brighton and apallon.....Obviously we didn't...BUT if we had beaten them he hypothesised....

although the style of play is poor according to fans......would we still be shouting for his head ? He would still be the same manager with his own style of doing things......doing things his way...

He reckons Koeman will turn it around....IF given time....

All a bit irrelevant I know as he clearly stated results are results.....but made me think....and cant make my mind up if he's right or wrong ?

Would people take "bad" wins over a better style of play and current results ?

Don't shoot the messenger......

Too many points to address in that post and the fact I read 'fine margins' made me think of the Martinez era which completely turned me off the whole argument.

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team