November 19, 2017, 09:56:39 PM

Author Topic: Who should we go for?  (Read 45528 times)

Offline GLewis

• NSNO Subscriber
  • Howard Kendall
Re: Who should we go for?
« on: October 24, 2017, 04:10:28 AM »
Opinion on Koeman being fired?

Given the whole atmosphere and that we’ve got money then I think it was right.

Still think the striker issue took the legs from under his preferred approach but we shouldn’t be woeful by this stage (and 17 games).

Think he expects top level players to be able to “just do” things and doesn’t know how to get his point across.

He’s not useless like some others in that what he wants is generally sound but I noticed a few weeks ago that Keane said he showed him clips of other players bring the ball out from the back but didn’t do too much actual stuff on the training pitch.

I’d imagine others (Pochettino for example) would really drill this into a player.

So I can see why if a player is low on confidence that he’s not actually doing enough to help bring them through. He was top class as a player so it would have been so much easier for him. Maybe he can’t understand why some players can’t, hence the number of changes half to half / game to game. They don’t get it, hook them off etc.

Plus I think it’s hitting Home that I don’t think we’ve had a manager with something that puts us ahead of the curve since Moyes’ first year or the use of 4/5/1 in 2004/05.

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team