November 20, 2017, 09:42:45 PM

Author Topic: Who should we go for?  (Read 47369 times)

Online Waltzer

• Gordon West
Re: Who should we go for?
« on: October 24, 2017, 10:30:55 PM »
Tuchel came through as a youth coach at Maine and is same age as Unsworth. Martinez managed 72 points in his first season and won Cup with Wigan. While Liverpool look hell bent on destruction, whoever takes over the team from Klopp, will inherit a young, dangerous attacking team.

I think English clubs tend to have an importers mentality, that you can always buy a better option as you can recruit from anywhere. Martinez and Koeman both had Catalan ties, Barcelona themselves 12 of the last 14 seasons were managers employed with similar or less experience to Unsworth.

Moyes, Martinez, Koeman, they all got us to an extent, but also showed that at times they didn't represent or understand the feelings of fans. Moyes lacked ambition, Martinez humiliated us, Koeman had no style and lost substance. Moyes went to United and Martinez to Belgium,

Find it hard to use Barca as a comparison for numerous reasons. Your walking into a club that has everything, the best players, the most awards, it goes on. The people that have been employed have been ex superstars of the game that command instant respect and have been preparing for this for a number of years,  also, for a majority of the years they've only really been competing with 1 other team.

Unsworth is going into a team short of confidence in the bottom 3 of a fiercely competitive league with a squad with little to no balance. I do want him to succeed but I think walking into Barcelona's first team and ours are light years apart for any manager.

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team