November 22, 2017, 08:40:19 PM

Author Topic: Who should we go for?  (Read 51091 times)

Offline KoemansNumberTens

• Anders Limpar
Re: Who should we go for?
« on: October 24, 2017, 10:44:20 PM »
Let's not go too far the other way. Clearly I don't know the inner workings of what happened over the past 18 months but I wouldn't throw the baby out with the bathwater with Walsh. He has immense knowledge of the English game and he wouldn't be the first person to not get along with Koeman, Les Reed had his differences too by all accounts.
His signings of Pickford, Gueye, Onyekuru and Sandro haven't been bad at all (Sandro was low risk for the fee and has got to be better than his confidence-shot performances so far) and he's re-organised the scouting setup since he's been appointed.

Clearly he's partly culpable for the lack of a striker and centre half but we don't know if his suggestions were discounted by Koeman, I'd be amazed if he offered nothing by the way of options for those two positions.

If he's on the selection panel for the next manager we should be able to appoint someone he feels he can work with, which is half the battle in these type of dynamics.

Maybe I'm being naive but I really don't blame Walsh. I think had he had a free reign we'd have sign a striker out of left field. I think the problem was the list of koemans approved targets was quite short and if they don't want to play for us there's not much Walsh can do

I like how we are signing young players and I like how we've done with our cheaper punts (sandro will still prove to be a very good player)
It's vital we get someone who wants to work more closely with Walsh next time though. Think we got stuck between the 2 systems where koeman had a little too much say but then not quite enough to take full responsibility. Surely the manager should tslk about which attributes he needs and the DOF should compile the list?

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team