November 24, 2017, 05:27:44 PM

Author Topic: Unsworth  (Read 21532 times)

Offline toffee_scot

• Dave Hickson
Re: Unsworth
« on: October 30, 2017, 12:55:04 AM »
I'd still keep Unsworth in charge for at least a few more games, although the result was unacceptable today, the players looked more upbeat and committed than they did under Koeman and he's still trying to work out the best plan for a team that was completely lacking any confidence and direction under previous management.

I think Unsworth was a little naive in the first half playing both Davies and Gana in a 2 man central midfield (well 3 if you count the number of times Rooney dropped deep. The substitutions were a bit weird with both wingers being dropped, I disagree with the manager's comment that Mirallas "couldn't get into the game" as he was at least trying to create things. We had more possession and dominated the second half, but I wonder if it was more because Leicester let us because they knew they could create great chances on the counterattack and quite frankly their defence was really on top of everything.

I expect Unsworth will have learnt from this and improve things for the Watford game.

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team