November 23, 2017, 01:41:58 PM

Author Topic: Unsworth  (Read 19777 times)

Offline blueToffee

• NSNO Subscriber
  • Howard Kendall
Re: Unsworth
« on: October 30, 2017, 03:38:57 AM »
That performance from Niasse today showed why Koeman was so keen to ship him out and showed what pretty much everyone thought of him before Koeman came in. He didnt deserve the treatment he got but he is a poor player no way near the standard of a player we should be using.

I know he has got a few goals but you cant have a player in the team that has no idea himself what to do in a lot of situations. The shot he had where spannered it wide, the position he was in you have to curl for the top corner he strikes with a technique that sends it away from goal. The cross down in the corner, you are facing away from goal at a tough angle hitting as hard as you can like you are shooting isnt going to do anything other go behind straight away. He did a few of them for Hull cant understand what goes through the head at that point. And that touch when rooney played him in, not even close to be able to get near the ball to do anything with it.

DCL is very minimal goal threat and really shouldnt be starting for us but there are no options. Niasse certainly starting games and absolutely on his own is just not possible in my opinion. Touch awful, no awareness and I'd be amazed if the players arent hesitant about giving the ball to him.

It is very desperate times that DCL is a regular starter for him and that Niasse is the next option as I dont think either are as good as Enner Valencia and he got ridiculed last season because he wasnt very good either.

Iíve never really rated Mirallas up top, always thought that option was a non-starter but due to our appauling options and the fact he doesnít offer much from the wing he might be something of a goal threat up top. Not a target, but maybe a through ball from Rooney to Lennon would be up his street. I just donít think this DCL approach can keep going, aside from the game against Man City itís so non-effective.

Our attacking options must be the worst in the league. Or very close to it. I was even starting to wonder if there are any free agents out there, itís that bad.

Maybe with Barkley back soon we can do away with Rooney in midfield and have him up top with another.

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team