November 19, 2017, 04:12:31 PM

Author Topic: Unsworth  (Read 17083 times)

Offline kramer0

• Peter Reid
Re: Unsworth
« on: October 31, 2017, 09:21:32 PM »
This situation is a little trickier than after Chelsea.

https://twitter.com/Caley_graphics/status/924709449956241409

If I wasn't lazy, I'd download that picture, draw a big red circle around that clustering of shots allowed in the middle of the box, and label it "where Schneiderlin or Baningime could have helped."

Playing a 4-4-2 with two positionally undisciplined midfielders in a tricky away fixture was naive. For the time being, he needs to stick with the rigid 4-3-3 for away matches. If we manage to scrap a goal, perfect. If not, we have the option to open things up in the second half with one easy switch (forward for centre mid). He can be a little more aggressive at home, although I still think we need someone disciplined in midfield, like Schneiderlin, if we want to play with two centre forwards.

Unsworth is still my preferred option until the end of the season. I think he's been unfortunate to start off with three away fixtures against talented sides and that we'd actually have something to show for his early work if he had started with Brighton and Lyon at home instead of Chelsea, Leicester, and Lyon away. (Also, I think he's the only candidate that won't turn the club into a bigger behind-the-scenes mess than it already is.)

A few more naive choices will see my opinion change quickly, though.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 09:39:44 PM by kramer0 »

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team