November 20, 2017, 01:55:24 PM

Author Topic: [News]Gana close to new deal  (Read 849 times)

Offline kramer0

• Peter Reid
Re: [News]Gana close to new deal
« on: October 30, 2017, 06:09:57 AM »
Surely you must have some players in mind though? I should point out though that we're Everton and we are currently sitting in 18th position and will be out of europe for the foreseeable.

Why can't Gana just be a defensive minded player like he was when we all loved him last season? Is it stated that he will be our highest earner by the way or did you just make that point to try and further your point against him?

- I don't have a personal database of players. I do some light research when we're linked and I get interesting tidbits from statistically-focused articles I read, but that's the extent of it.

- Defending is a team endeavor, not an individual one. If he's going to be on the pitch for purely defensive reasons then he has to stay in his zone. If Gana learns to hold his position like Schneiderlin typically does, or even like Baningime did today, then I would withdraw my complaint about him not filling a proper role in the team. (I still don't think he's worth a new contract, mind you.)

- The contract bit is guesswork. He's been hyped as a key player for us so I would imagine he'd be among the top earners. With that said, I've seen nothing specific about how much he'll earn which why I threw the "or" in there. Maybe I should have led with "build our team around him" because that's the more important point anyhow.

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team