January 20, 2019, 04:30:06 AM

Author Topic: Which striker to go for in January?  (Read 24536 times)

Offline GrantyBoy78

• Graeme Sharp
Re: Which striker to go for in January?
« on: November 04, 2017, 02:58:30 PM »
Someone suggested Rondon earlier and I thought, he doesn't score goals? The reality is we won't get a top Striker but I remember what Marcus Bent did for us. He scored 7 goals and we finished 4th. I think our side is crying out for an athletic, strong, tall, quick striker who performs thankless tasks for the sake of the team, so our plethora of no10's would reap the rewards and feed off his flick ons and also the space he should take up.
That was Koemanís plan.

Rondon actually had a very good scoring record before he joined West Brom, albeit in poorer league. Heís a good player and would score more goals in a more attacking team. But even Rondon in this market would cost an absolute fortune. I said before the summer; there is absolutely no value in buying players from other Prem teams. To a degree itís worth paying an inflated fee if youíre negating the risk by getting someone who knows the league and should settle quickly, however, that hasnít been the case with the likes of Sigurdsson etc.

Itís not like weíre Real Madrid where we need a galatico to improve us. Weíre actually short of bodies in certain positions; it should be easy to improve the squad with £8m-£15m players from the continent.

If only we had a competent scouting department...

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team