June 24, 2018, 02:47:31 PM

Author Topic: Which striker to go for in January?  (Read 20616 times)

Offline van der Meyde

• Tommy Lawton
Re: Which striker to go for in January?
« on: December 02, 2017, 04:37:53 PM »
Our search is limited though.

We need someone who can hit the ground running after 1-2 games. So it has to be an experienced EPL player. It really narrows the search.
I'm not sure this is really true though?

No player outside of the top 7 clubs has scored more goals than Rooney. Only one player outside of the top 7 clubs has scored more goals than Niasse.

I'm not sure signing an older, more established player makes sense now. In the immediate future we're out of Europe this season (and unlikely to be there next season), we're out of the League Cup, we're too far back to make a real push for top 4/6. The FA Cup? We'd all love to win it, but that would take a lot of luck.

We haven't got the attack we might ideally want, unlike our defence though, it's not the disaster it's made it out to be. We've got enough to get by until the end of the season.

I think we should be thinking much more about the future up front personally. Bed them in over the course over a fairly meaningless 5 months so they're ready for next season. Signing a Benteke or Giroud doesn't really fit the bill in that context.

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team