November 19, 2017, 09:01:01 AM

Author Topic: Perspective  (Read 5870 times)

Offline brap2

• NSNO Subscriber
  • Howard Kendall
Re: Perspective
« on: November 01, 2017, 03:32:27 PM »
I fail that believe that the loss of solely Lukaku, as important as he was, means that we go from 15 points clear of 8th to the worst side in the league.

Itís stretching things pessimistically quite some way considering that we have actually signed players, half of them proven in the PL to improve the other areas of the pitch.

So based on that it must be taken into account that we are at the lowest possible ebb of our form and therefore, yes we do look awful.

But the other teams down there are like that every year. Theyíre not going to get any better across the season.

Some, if not all, like Burnley, that are doing well will get worse as the season goes on.

Weíve sacked a manager because he couldnít get his points across to a group of players that should be doing better.

Anyone thinking that weíre the worst team in the league must surely not agree with sacking Koeman unless itís based purely on a relative level of influence over not signing a striker?

I think losing Lukaku was massive, yes. I also think not replacing him was massive - two force multipliers in making us shite IMO and different things. We didnít not replace only his Goals, but his threat, his strength, his pace on the break to stretch teams, his defending from corners which was oddly good. He did more for us than score and brought more than Goals to the side.

Weíve also lost Bolassie, Coleman and Barkley to injury with no clear idea of when theyíll be back or to what level - another £90m at least of talent not currently able to be utilised. Youth, athletic ability and creativity as well as passing from the midfield.

We then sold Gareth Barry, Iím sure youíre a fan and I donít need to tell you what he brought.

And finally key players are another year older, and new players are not hitting the beats we need them to.

We are the worst side in the league bar maybe palace, and they look ready to turn it round.

Being completely honest - I thought sacking Koeman would do one thing which was alleviate pressure on the fans and on the players from the fans. It was time for a change and thats fine but itís startling how bad we still look.

I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team