April 25, 2018, 08:01:45 AM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 104670 times)

Offline KoemansNumberTens

• Dave Watson
Re: The big man, the boss; Big Sam
« on: December 15, 2017, 04:29:25 PM »
Newcastle hit the woodwork twice. Anything you want to say about the missed West Ham penalty applies there.

There is insufficient improvement over 90 minutes from the west ham game to any subsequent one not to suggest Unsworth was the one that turned the corner "got back to basics" and Allardyce has benefited from it.

I am not for one minute arguing that Unsworth should have been given more time. Allardyce will, 100%, perform better over the rest of the season.
But i just don't like to hear the digs levelled at Unsworth when i think he's the one that actually turned the ship around.

Disagree. 2 brilliant long range shots. Them 20 minutes against West Ham was as bad as anything we saw against Southampton or Arsenal.

When West Ham take that pen they are 1to3 to score. When Newcastle line up then long shots they are many 20to1 to score. When Rooney takes aim he's maybe 50s from is own half

Watford keeper getting injured played a massive part as did their missed penalty. Palace played us off the park too

I like unsworth I voted for him as our new manager in the poll. He was pretty useless despite us getting some decent results. Sorry but he gets little credit from me for our upturn defensively

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team