October 19, 2018, 04:19:46 PM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 130940 times)

Online Shropshire Blue

• NSNO Subscriber
  • David Unsworth
Re: The big man, the boss; Big Sam
« on: January 24, 2018, 04:22:56 AM »
Some of the last few posts illustrate better than anything my point about being objective. Failed everywhere he's been? Notts County, Bolton and West Ham were a division higher than when he joined them. He was sacked by Blackpool after losing in the play offs and undoubtedly saved Palace from relegation. Slightly tongue in cheek I could suggest being sacked by Mike Ashley and Venky''s could be seen as a plus on any CV!
All I keep saying is he has a right to be judged on his success or failure after a reasonable length of time and inheriting the mess he has, 56 days is not reasonable.
I want to see a big name manager, attacking football , trophies as much as the next person but we have to deal with what we have now. Like him or hate him that is Sam.
Concensus on this forum is that until he arrived we had a total load of shite.  It takes more than a human manager to turn such shite into an attractive, winning effective team in 56 days - it needs a bloody thaumaturge!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 04:25:04 AM by Shropshire Blue »
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team