March 23, 2018, 08:48:25 PM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 98152 times)

Offline Lxxx

• Howard Kendall
Re: The big man, the boss; Big Sam
« on: February 15, 2018, 12:07:00 AM »
Is par that bad for the first 6 months of a new manager?

I guess the issue for me is that we can't attract anyone of proven quality. We got it wrong with Martinez. We got it wrong with koeman. People are now saying we got it wrong with allardyce (despite it being par which ain't so bad) so that's what over 30m on manager payoffs if we get rid again and then another punt with zero track record. Sorry I'm just not in that much of a rush for another manager. Certainly not 1 regardless of the current 1s performance and regardless of who the next 1 might be

We need a manager whose mentality isn't self limiting. All his career has been spent downplaying expectations and playing horrible football. When we find ourselves a stones throw away from probable european football again next season he tells us we need to get to 40 points. I can well imagine his pre season talk will centre around getting to 40 points and then let's take the shackles off.

Is this what we had in mind when we got the influx of cash and the promise of a new era? I'm willing to take the chance on a new guy who might have the vision and the charisma to get on board with trying to catch the teams above us not make sure we don't spend another 100m and get sucked into a relegation fight.

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team