December 14, 2018, 02:01:53 PM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 137363 times)

Offline Gash

• Global Moderator
  • Dixie Dean
Re: The big man, the boss; Big Sam
« on: February 17, 2018, 12:32:51 AM »
it was not funny the 1st time you said this

Time and time again I see the argument "well your grammar sucks so you must be stupid" or "you spelled this wrong, you must be stupid" as part of a debate. Really, I have to ask... why? Personally I don't think it has any place in a debate, unless that debate happens to be about grammar/spelling (or if someone's throwing out personal attacks based on grammar/spelling but can't master their own... but that's beside this particular point).

It simply seems immature to me, like something you would do to derail the debate train when you know you're losing. I admit, it's something I used to do, but those moments for me now are few and far between. Given that I sadly see this used constantly in this forum, I figured this would be the best place to ask.

So, if you do like to use this sort of crutch in an argument, then why?
 Or, if you don't, why do you think people do?

To be honest it's genuinely difficult to understand what you're saying at times due the lack of punctuation etc, that's why people ask. The fact that you've just managed to put together a perfectly readable post just proves that you can do it when you need to.

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team