August 20, 2018, 11:22:27 PM

Author Topic: [News]Allardyce: All I’ve done is made things easier  (Read 4850 times)

Offline Mick 1995

• NSNO Subscriber
  • Derek Mountfield
Re: [News]Allardyce: All I've done is made things easier
« on: December 19, 2017, 09:58:41 PM »
I defo 100% care about how we play our football. Not asking for slow, sideways football at all, but we need to massively improve our quality on the ball and our ability to control games with the ball.

Fair enough Sam has focused on the defence and our shape initially (which makes sense), but as time passes he will need to show that he can get the team playing if he really wants to live up to managing a bigger club, with loftier ambitions (which I think he's aware of). Hoofball will only get you so far.

ah, i think i may have picked up on why some people differ in here.

When I say i don't care about style, i only care about results - i mean "if hoofball & timewasting are the most effective way of getting results, then so be it".
But you have just done a good job of explaining to me why people differ. It is clear you think controlling the game and and quality on the ball is the most effective way of winning games.

I'd probably agree if i think on it more. Horses for courses at the moment though

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team