June 19, 2018, 04:36:52 AM

Author Topic: Rooney  (Read 10536 times)

Online Jimmywhack

• NSNO Subscriber
  • Dixie Dean
  • Champagne lifestyle, Lemonade wages
Re: Rooney
« on: February 10, 2018, 04:24:32 PM »
To be fair if he'd taken good care of himself he wouldn't have started declining age 27-28 and he'd be far closer to his peak now at 32 than he is. Let's be honest, he's a shadow of his former self, but his former self was so good that he's still easily good enough for our team.

This is a man who let himself be filmed getting knocked out cold boxing a mate in a fucking kitchen. That's not taking care of yourself, and idiotic on multiple levels.

I agree there is a magnification of his stupidity and lack of care for his own health for all the reasons people have outlined - his fame, being a poor scouser etc.

But at the same time there's rarely smoke without fire and Wayne has set off a fair few fires in his time.
I disagree with that
Most players start playing regular first team football at 20, they become a teams focal point at about 24 and begin to decline about 31

Rooney was a first team regular at 16 and a teams focal point at 18. He was miles ahead of the curve so it's no surprise to me that all the games took its toll in his late 20s
Simply simply lovely

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team