March 21, 2018, 05:09:40 PM

Author Topic: Cuco Martina  (Read 1301 times)

Online Mick 1995

• NSNO Subscriber
  • Anders Limpar
Re: Cuco Martina
« on: February 01, 2018, 05:08:06 PM »
Let's start off by saying I am not trying to start off a pro-Cuco Martina thread. However, I thought he had one of his better games last night and I have a theory about this.

The reason, in short, is the return of Coleman.

Why? I 100% believe that when a player is "weak" or "young and unproven" in a position, you tend to get the player/s next to him covering. Unfortunately for us, we have had 2 cases of this on both sides of defence, Martina and Kenny. Both left and right centre-backs have been or should have pushed wide to help them out, causing gaps in our defence. The wingers have been dropping deep just to cover for both of them also which will be to the detriment of our attack.

Now that Coleman is back, the right wing will not be overly worried and the right-sided centre-back will trust whats going on to the right of him too.

In turn, this means that only the left side will cover as they have been and Martina will get allot more protection because there will be less space in the middle for the centre-backs to worry about.

If Coleman stays fit then the rest is history. Just wait until we get Baines back as well! Bliss.

Very good point that. May be why we saw a return to form of Keane as well. Still learning his trade as well but, when playing, has been asked to keep an eye on the right flank as well as do his own job.

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team