October 21, 2018, 03:37:28 PM

Author Topic: Tom Davies - First Name on the Teamsheet  (Read 6361 times)

Offline kramer0

• Joe Royle
Re: Tom Davies - First Name on the Teamsheet
« on: February 08, 2018, 07:05:04 AM »
I know you're fan so this isn't aimed at you but what top midfielder was at 19?

Yep. Same deal with the rest of the youngsters. Nobody is a top player at that age.

There's plenty to be disappointed with regarding Allardyce but his eagerness to expel all of the young players from the side is the worst for me. Holgate, Kenny, Davies, Calvert-Lewin, Lookman, and Vlasic have rarely let us down when they've played this season. They have their flaws (so do most of the expensive senior players, to be fair) but how can we expect them to get to the level needed if they're not getting meaningful time on the pitch? I understand dropping Kenny for Coleman and Lookman and Vlasic are probably better used off the bench at this stage but the point remains.

I'm not saying the youngsters don't need protecting at times and the team will certainly struggle if we play too many of them but I can't find a good reason why, at the very least, Holgate (our best defender during his run at CB), Davies (without whom our midfield plainly doesn't work), and Calvert-Lewin (who will chase anything and has a better first touch and more quality on the ball than Niasse) aren't starting every match. These players will pay dividends for a manager willing to afford them some patience.

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team